What's new

Off center strike

Blackfoot58

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2023
Messages
6,193
Reaction score
15,844
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got this in change. The reverse is fairly well centered, the obverse is quite noticeable. No special value, but I can’t help but keep it. I have several other off center coins, mostly nickels. Coincidence, or are they more frequently Struck wrong than other denominations?
 

Attachments

  • 933F2155-FF34-4BF5-A3A8-75FBB7606EE0.webp
    933F2155-FF34-4BF5-A3A8-75FBB7606EE0.webp
    213.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 72248CD4-49FF-486C-861B-D79570C6FC58.webp
    72248CD4-49FF-486C-861B-D79570C6FC58.webp
    299.5 KB · Views: 80
I have a few that are a bit more extreme. True, little value. One of the more common “errors”.

Time for more coffee.
 
When only one side is off, then it is a mis-aligned die strike. When both sides are off, then it is off centered.
 
When only one side is off, then it is a mis-aligned die strike. When both sides are off, then it is off centered.
I wasn’t aware. Thanks!
 
When only one side is off, then it is a mis-aligned die strike. When both sides are off, then it is off centered.
Right you are, as usual. Of course, if my brain was working, I would have beat you to it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom