What's new

Oh Man!(dan)

T Witko

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2010
Messages
432
Reaction score
727
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

  • 2012-10-09_19-08-26_52-1.webp
    2012-10-09_19-08-26_52-1.webp
    246 KB · Views: 164
  • 2012-10-09_19-10-13_507-1.webp
    2012-10-09_19-10-13_507-1.webp
    150.8 KB · Views: 172
  • 2012-10-09_19-10-24_949-1.webp
    2012-10-09_19-10-24_949-1.webp
    142.8 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I haven't been on here much, 'cause we have had almost no rain, not finding much. But I'm glad I stopped in, I'm voting!!! that is gorgeous!
 
is the banner broke??????
i thought this had enuff votes?
it seems like the banner don't move?
 
it dose look to be broken, it barely been moving .
and I know this point has gotten 6 to 8 votes.
lot more than banners in the past.
and the finder had never had a banner before. so what gives moderator ??
 
I guess you guys don't get it, when you click on the red box to nominate banner, you need to say on the next page why it desirves a banner vote, like it's a find of a lifetime, otherwise the vote doesn't count.
Someone told me that when I first became a member back in febuary, hard to believe I'm the newbee here.
 
I guess you guys don't get it, when you click on the red box to nominate banner, you need to say on the next page why it deserves a banner vote, like it's a find of a lifetime, otherwise the vote doesn't count.
Someone told me that when I first became a member back in february, hard to believe I'm the newbee here.

i think you are right mr lep
i checked and twitko only got a couple votes and one of them was mine for sure

the stuff on the banner is all cool, but it would be nice to see an indian artifact up there
 
larson1951 said:
i think you are right mr lep
i checked and twitko only got a couple votes and one of them was mine for sure

the stuff on the banner is all cool, but it would be nice to see an indian artifact up there

I wrote a message. Only two votes?? I'll try again in a bit. Maybe mine didn't go through?
 
looks like to me ether the banner vote box is broken or the moderator is not here doing his or her job
 
I wrote a message. Only two votes?? I'll try again in a bit. Maybe mine didn't go through?

Again, thanks for the effort to vote banner for this point but as I've said before, I'm not sure that this belongs there. The PW point that krovert posted earlier this summer did deserve to make banner. It came from here, I was there when he found it, I held it and studied it closely. It was flawless. A master made piece. This on was also master made and it's almost flawless but if compared side by side the PW one has the edge (pun intended)
I too would enjoy seeing more of our finds make banner, but only if it is "that" special.

If this one indeed is banner worthy, a good explanation as to why most be included with the banner vote.

Thanks
Kelly
 
I know I voted Banner, but what's to say with the Moderators? Haven't heard, "hide nor tail'' from River Rat lately. See she pops in with a like ''here or there'' but that's it. Coarse it may be who you rub shoulders with (''Politics?'') :dontknow: It's too bad when a member finds an awesome artifact, and credit is not given. ''Who's to say!''
 
I know I voted Banner, but what's to say with the Moderators? Haven't heard, "hide nor tail'' from River Rat lately. See she pops in with a like ''here or there'' but that's it. Coarse it may be who you rub shoulders with (''Politics?'') :dontknow: It's too bad when a member finds an awesome artifact, and credit is not given. ''Who's to say!''

i think she is still trying to get back on track after the hurricane and subsequent flood
now a lot of hay to bail (the big round bales)
 
Again, thanks for the effort to vote banner for this point but as I've said before, I'm not sure that this belongs there. The PW point that krovert posted earlier this summer did deserve to make banner. It came from here, I was there when he found it, I held it and studied it closely. It was flawless. A master made piece. This on was also master made and it's almost flawless but if compared side by side the PW one has the edge (pun intended)
I too would enjoy seeing more of our finds make banner, but only if it is "that" special.

If this one indeed is banner worthy, a good explanation as to why most be included with the banner vote.

Thanks
Kelly

both are way cool
if i could have my choice i would take the KRF cut bank jaw notch you just found,.....i think yours is nicer
I got a black billings or looking bill that is almost a twin to the one you just found and is one of my best in 25 years at that site
the PW point is not the same type....it is a plains side notch but super cool never the less and lightly serrated
the cut bank side notch are my fav's however
and not to sound like a broken record but yours DOES belong up there
 
yes it sure dose belone up top
and i should know, been here sence about 2008,but under a differn name
it is indeed is banner worthy.
i voted and left message too.
 
Last edited:
yes it sure dose belone up top
and i should know, been here sence about 2008,but under a differn name
it is indeed is banner worthy.
i voted and left message too.

hi Natch,
what was your previous name?
 
One more - with natural light taken near where it was found.
 

Attachments

  • 2012-10-12_18-28-12_904-1.webp
    2012-10-12_18-28-12_904-1.webp
    69.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
T Witko said:
Again, thanks for the effort to vote banner for this point but as I've said before, I'm not sure that this belongs there. The PW point that krovert posted earlier this summer did deserve to make banner. It came from here, I was there when he found it, I held it and studied it closely. It was flawless. A master made piece. This on was also master made and it's almost flawless but if compared side by side the PW one has the edge (pun intended)
I too would enjoy seeing more of our finds make banner, but only if it is "that" special.

If this one indeed is banner worthy, a good explanation as to why most be included with the banner vote.

Thanks
Kelly

Hi Kelly. Maybe my reason for voting wasn't good enough. I just put something like this is a beautiful piece and deserves banner. I don't know enough about the artifacts that are in your area enough to break it down. I still think it should make it.

Rusty
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom