Oh please for the love of god

Banks are closed for Columbus Day ? Really?... I just lugged two bags down to the bank on my lunch hour and there closed damn. Who cares about Columbus Day? I need to get a job at a bank.. Soooo easy.... Lol

Columbus+Day.png

We are honoring a great man! Please respect this bank holiday.

Banks are closed for Columbus Day ? Really?... I just lugged two bags down to the bank on my lunch hour and there closed damn. Who cares about Columbus Day? I need to get a job at a bank.. Soooo easy.... Lol
I do not think there is a single bank closed in my area. Just picked up a box of halves and this morning on the way into work I was dropping off some halves at the coin counter at another bank. I am sorry to hear you wasted your time may be next year you will get another day of CRH. Freakmont is that Freemont CA. I if so I am surprised they even allow people to celibrate Columbus day in CA. I would have thought they would have passed a law forcing everyone to remain open.

If you were a hardcore-to-the-bone CRHer you would have noticed all the posted signs in the weeks before... :)

Vast majority of banks and federal offices have bern closing for Columbus day for over 40 years, where have you been at? There are maybe 5 states that don't recognize Columbus day as a holiday, the rest all do.

Please provide the list. I will move there
Google will tell you all, I know Calif, Nevada, Alaska, Hawaii, South Dakota don't.

Use to be 5 didn't, it now appears about 20-25 no longer recognize it so I stand corrected...

Nothing will process at the banks today, but a lot of them are open.

Treasure_Hunter said:
Vast majority of banks and federal offices have bern closing for Columbus day for over 40 years, where have you been at? There are maybe 5 states that don't recognize Columbus day as a holiday, the rest all do.

Haven't needed to see the inside of a bank for over 5 years until I started CRH a couple months ago

Treasure_Hunter said:
Google will tell you all, I know Calif, Nevada, Alaska, Hawaii, South Dakota don't.

Use to be 5 didn't, it now appears about 20-25 no longer recognize it so I stand corrected...

Nope not Cali .....

The wells fargo in my area is closed

Living in Massachusetts, where columbus landed... We kinda "celebrate" it..
Just another day off school =)
Wicka

Humm, now granted I went to school a long time ago, but we were taught it was the Mayflower that landed in Massachusetts, not Columbus, Columbus landed on some Islands off of Florida and named them San Salvador, islands are now called Bahamas..............

When the Mayflower landed on Cape Cod in 1620 it was captained by Captain Christopher Jones, maybe that is where your confusion is from.........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back