What's new

Oh, What A Night!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
3,966
Reaction score
8,893
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I returned to my TRE (target rich environment) school yard yesterday evening. Weather was a bit more cooperative, thankfully. The battle-scarred ATPro started to sing the song of my peoples.

First find was my first badge, ironic because I have collected badges for over 35 years! Kansas City Transit, Inc. hat badge, no hallmark. May be a bus driver, truck line, or city rail badge. It rang up a solid 85 at 6" on the VDI.

I then had a nice little surprise with a solid 83 at 4" VDI, the result being a 1954 Eisenhower dime.

As the sun began to hide behind the treeline in the western sky, I got a standard clad quarter signal out in the middle of the lawn. That turned out to be a thin, flat oval of copper. I could see a reeded edge and knew it was some kid's railroad flattened quarter. (The tracks are 1/4 mile away.)

About 18" away from the flattened quarter, I got a screaming 95 at 2" VDI and thought, "aluminum can." Much to my surprise a chunky sterling ring exposed itself in the plug! After knocking the dirt out of the center, I saw standard US coin markings, YAY :hello2:, my first coin ring! After inspecting it with a loop at home, I saw the last number of the date inside, an "8." So , with the other findings, it is probably a 1948 or 1958 Ben Franklin half dollar that was crafted into a ring. It weighs in at 7.5 grams. Mrs. Sub has already claimed this one!:laughing7:

I also found a brass "wing" pendant and an alloy butterfly pendant. All in all, a great hunt for me and proof that it is never hunted out. (This is the fifth time I have hunted this lawn.) Happy hunting to all. Sub 8-)
 

Attachments

  • badge1.webp
    badge1.webp
    154.2 KB · Views: 215
  • badge2.webp
    badge2.webp
    172.5 KB · Views: 191
  • badge3.webp
    badge3.webp
    71.9 KB · Views: 191
  • badge4.webp
    badge4.webp
    72 KB · Views: 191
  • badge5.webp
    badge5.webp
    36.2 KB · Views: 188
  • badge6.webp
    badge6.webp
    97.3 KB · Views: 188
  • badge7.webp
    badge7.webp
    171.8 KB · Views: 183
Upvote 56
Nice going on the coin ring not many found it seems lately.
 
Thanks you all for the kind words, and I apologize for my mis-identification of the silver dime. It is a Rosie, not an Ike, and my excuse is delirium from heat :tongue3: and excitement from actually finding something worthwhile! Happy Hunting, Sub 8-)
 
Congratz! Great Finds!
 
Nice ring produced from a silver half. But an Eisenhower dime would be a banner find. Did you get some kidding on your error there?
 
That's a great badge, & coin ring. I have never found a coin ring.
 
Those are some awesome finds! Congratulations!
 
Great digs Sub!
 
bunch of great stuff!, I want a coin ring, id go so far as to buy one, but Ive seen them with the eagle and date on the outside, that's how I would want mine

very good hunt!
 
Great Job Sub!! Like that coin ring, I have found a few from many years ago but mine have never had any details. Very good hunt!
 
OH WHAT A NIGHT LATE IN JULY 2015 , AND SUB HAS A NICE KCT BADGE FOR ALL OF US TO SEE . OH WHAT A BADGE OH WHAT A FIND.

Go Frankie, uh I mean Sutphin!
 
Congratulations on your KCT Hat Badge find, but what I really like is that coin ring! :occasion14:
I know they've been produced for years, but can't remember the last time I saw one found with a detector!

Dave
 
Missed this post some how?

Wow, what a Great hunt and finding silver!!

Love that badge, always wanted to find some sort of badge and still none. The kid has a nice old sheriffs badge he found.
 
whenever I see the title, I want to sing, "late December back in '63"
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom