What's new

Ohio Artifact Finds

catherine1

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2010
Messages
1,817
Reaction score
1,080
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a nice 2 inch pencil drill. The broken base is Intrusive Mound. Plus the other artifacts. Thanks for viewing.
 

Attachments

  • wild w 076.webp
    wild w 076.webp
    340.7 KB · Views: 178
  • wild w 077.webp
    wild w 077.webp
    549.5 KB · Views: 171
  • wild w 078.webp
    wild w 078.webp
    346.2 KB · Views: 159
  • wild w 079.webp
    wild w 079.webp
    349.8 KB · Views: 180
Upvote 0
Cool drill. Really love the base, awesome material. Is it a broken base or was it reworked into a scraper? Hard to tell from the photo.

THanks.
 
Broken base. Intrusive Mound twitch.
 
Nice finds, that drill is nice. I have found a few but not that big. What is your thoughts on the stone?
 
The stone is a broken hard stone celt Rock. It has the butt broke, but it is dished out. And the polish has eroded away. I have found two nice ones and a few broken halves. The tooth not being drilled surprised me as most of them that size have always been drilled. Thanks for the replies guys!
 
nice pieces Catherine. I really like the color on the broken base. I can't wait for the farmers to start breaking the ground around here. I am ready to hunt!
 
Some nice finds there.
 
Wow, so cool, my finds look like a pile of ordinary rocks compared to those. Nice job!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom