What's new

Ohio River find......12/13/11

Swims with Beaver

Full Member
Joined
May 19, 2010
Messages
117
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
" 4 Eyes "
We went out again on Monday just for something to do. I saw a tiny speck of flint in the sand, poked it and it didn't move. I pulled it out and for a second thought it was just a big chunk. I cleaned it off and was super stoked. Found 2 of my nicest blades in 2 days. Here's a few pics after getting home and cleaning it up. Thanks for looking and good luck out there. :headbang:
 

Attachments

  • DSC01476.webp
    DSC01476.webp
    37.6 KB · Views: 877
  • DSC01490.webp
    DSC01490.webp
    50 KB · Views: 983
  • DSC01489.webp
    DSC01489.webp
    59.6 KB · Views: 927
  • DSC01488.webp
    DSC01488.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 933
  • DSC01487.webp
    DSC01487.webp
    29.2 KB · Views: 917
  • DSC01483.webp
    DSC01483.webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 898
  • DSC01482.webp
    DSC01482.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 900
  • DSC01478.webp
    DSC01478.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 911
Upvote 0
That's a very nice looking piece....great shape AND material, what more could ya ask for?! Nice job.
 
Nice find, congrats.
 
Nice blade finds! I like the black material.
 
We looked at the black one under 20 and 40 x magnification and you wouldn't believe the tiny crystals that cover it. The hole is full of them. Really cool. Thanks for the replies. Good luck out there. :headbang:
 

Attachments

  • DSC01494.webp
    DSC01494.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 886
  • DSC01495.webp
    DSC01495.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 898
Todd?? Nah, not Reno. It's a spot my father-in-law told me to check out. Found a couple nice old medicine jars there yesterday and gave them to my brother. He likes to collect old bottles. I'd still like to see that dovetail you found a few months back. :headbang:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom