What's new

Ok everyone, ??? What you think??

Truthseeker411

Full Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
159
Reaction score
831
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern North carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20190129_061042.webpok appears to be one of a kind, petrafied wood im thinking ? 20190129_063154.webp
 
Upvote 0
What do I think? Beautiful! And I would go with petrified wood.
 
Sure looks like it to me iv always wanted to find one made from petrified wood, Nice find
 
I like the white quartz point, it looks like a well used Kirk stemmed to me. What state did you find these in? I would like to see more pictures of the other point, it looks sort of like un-petrified wood ?
 
I don't think it's wood. Wood has to be agatized to knap. It looks like a stone that resembles an arrowhead to me. Are there any flaking scars? The white point is nice.
 
The first one is interesting, but I don't think it's a point.
 
Last pic does make it look natural just a look a like , can you post a side profile pic and a profile pic from the front, does it feel solid enough to have been knapped ?
 
Last edited:
those last photos, the material look like schist to me.
 
What do I think? Beautiful! And I would go with petrified wood.

20190127_104623.webp
Here is a Point I found near Gainesville that is made of petrified palm wood. I've got a small triangle I found near Orlando made of the same material.
 
Interesting color for Palm wood. All the Palm wood I have knapped is tan.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom