What's new

OK, i admit i am something of a science geek (eclipse)

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2013
Messages
1,203
Reaction score
1,620
Golden Thread
0
Location
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This was my 4th eclipse. My first Totality.
I am already making plans for 2024.

There is No Comparison to a Totality.
Prominences are cool and all, but that is the blackest black that I have ever seen.
I understand now how primitives could have been terrified.
 
This was my 4th eclipse. My first Totality.
I am already making plans for 2024.

There is No Comparison to a Totality.
Prominences are cool and all, but that is the blackest black that I have ever seen.
I understand now how primitives could have been terrified.

I wish I could have seen it in totality, my brother left Saturday night to TN to see it there. I'll have to ask him how it was when he gets back to TX.
 
I wish I could have seen it in totality, my brother left Saturday night to TN to see it there. I'll have to ask him how it was when he gets back to TX.

Your turn is coming in April 2024. Start now with your sacrifices for clear skies.
 
Yes, total dark in the middle of the day would be something to see. but we didint hardly get there,but was still pretty cool.
 
99.1 here was cool but was also busy painting
 
We had an eclipse party at work. They even supplied the glasses. One of the coolest things I have ever seen. I was the only one to successfully get pictures using a viewing box. We had 90% totality and I was really surprised that it didn't get very dark. What we noticed was it got warmer as the sun was returning.

We got lucky. An hour after the event we had a thunder storm.
 
I live in NH, so the lighting barely even changed. Luckily in 2024 it will be more noticeable. Jealous of all the people who got to see a total eclipse.
 
Went up to Weiser, ID for 2 minutes of totality. 11 hours on the road up then back. Was it special? Went to Reno on the way up. Won $60. Won another $30 coming back. Damn right it was special!! ╦╦Ç
 
I went down to Newberry, SC for the event. About 2.5 hours away. A minute and 40 seconds of totality!

I've seen partials before, but NOTHING compares to totality.
 
I went down to Newberry, SC for the event. About 2.5 hours away. A minute and 40 seconds of totality!

I've seen partials before, but NOTHING compares to totality.

I will travel to see totality in 2024, unless I still live in Indy in 2024.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom