What's new

Ok im now a BIG BIG BIG believer in Karma!

Cherryman68

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
538
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Ok i'm now a BIG BIG BIG believer in Karma!

OK so as many of you know I gave out a roll of 2009 p cents to the collectors among us that still needed it. Well today I took my daughter and hit the road to give my wife a day all to her self to get pampered. She is on vacation this week and I wanted her to at least for one day kick back and de-stress with out us.

Anyway headed south to a big town I was going to skirt on the way to some little towns I have already scouted. Stopped along the way at banks I saw.

Stopped at one newer looking bank and asked if they had any halves. they said YES $186 worth. I bought them got back in the car and had to pull back over not 50 feet up the road! Opened the first roll and it was 80% silver! (all 40%ers) Roll after roll after roll produced multiple silver in each roll. Including a couple of 64's and a 63 Franklin! All total from that bank 177 40% and 5 90%


Next bank up the road had a bag worth $228 and it had another 40+ silver coins!

Hit a few more banks with mixed success then stopped and got a new tire I needed anyway since I made some good profit CRH bought me a tire in the long run.

Just an awesome day!

All total 11 1/2 rolls of 40% and 8 90%


Enjoy the pics!

Michael!
 

Attachments

  • 4-22-09.webp
    4-22-09.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 503
Upvote 0
Re: Ok i'm now a BIG BIG BIG believer in Karma!

That is really awesome. Myself I stick to pennies and nickles, with the occasional roll of halves. Perhaps I should get more halves?
 
Re: Ok i'm now a BIG BIG BIG believer in Karma!

WOW!!!!! Excellent finds.

That is one heck of a silver hoard.

If you decide to offer silver to fellow CRHers put me on the list... :wink: :wink: :wink:


Great Finds.

Happy Hunting,
Jason
 
Re: Ok i'm now a BIG BIG BIG believer in Karma!

that is karma...giving out the pennies in exchange for silver. Want to give me a roll so i can give them out? Perhaps I'll get as lucky!
 
Re: Ok i'm now a BIG BIG BIG believer in Karma!

thats just plan insane
beautiful pick up
 
Re: Ok i'm now a BIG BIG BIG believer in Karma!

Wow! Can't go wrong with that! =)

Hi-ho Silvaaaaa!

Nice work man... one super day.

~Dave
 
Re: Ok i'm now a BIG BIG BIG believer in Karma!

Killer Day!!!!
 
Re: Ok i'm now a BIG BIG BIG believer in Karma!

Yea Karma...... :icon_sunny:

Great score..... :thumbsup:

Mojo
 
Re: Ok i'm now a BIG BIG BIG believer in Karma!

What a day !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Re: Ok i'm now a BIG BIG BIG believer in Karma!

That is a dream day if I ever heard of one! Great finds and thanks for sharing (the pennies and the story!) :thumbsup:
 
Re: Ok i'm now a BIG BIG BIG believer in Karma!

When you do what is right the big man upstairs rewards you ten times over. Awesome silver.

Golden Silver
 
Re: Ok i'm now a BIG BIG BIG believer in Karma!

I'm so happy for you!!!!
Could not happen to a better person.
hh
dan :icon_sunny:
 
Re: Ok i'm now a BIG BIG BIG believer in Karma!

Congrats! That's quite a score. I think you should start offering silvers out too. Who KNOWS what you would end up with then!




LOL :tongue3: Just kidding. That's a very nice result for a very nice gesture.
 
Re: Ok i'm now a BIG BIG BIG believer in Karma!

WOW! I'm happy for you. Good things happen to good people.

Wonder what that says about me... ::)
 
Re: Ok i'm now a BIG BIG BIG believer in Karma!

AWESOME score....good things DO happen to good people.....WTG....couldn't have happened to a nicer guy :thumbsup:
 
Re: Ok i'm now a BIG BIG BIG believer in Karma!

scotty1418 said:
Congrats! That's quite a score. I think you should start offering silvers out too. Who KNOWS what you would end up with then!




LOL :tongue3: Just kidding. That's a very nice result for a very nice gesture.

Ha! I thought of that but then I would be doing it for the wrong reasons. lol Do something just to be nice and get rewarded, Do something to get rewarded and chances are you will never get another silver as long as you live.

At least that's my feelings.

Michael.
 
Re: Ok i'm now a BIG BIG BIG believer in Karma!

Oh and I forgot to add I only hit like 5 banks in a town of 150K people. I know there are at least a dozen banks I didn't even know about as well as another dozen 20 min up the road not to mention the 5 or so small towns less than an hour away. I'm going to map them all and see what I can come up with. Should be good hunting.

*SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT*

I don't save 40%'s I sell them to buy commemoratives, or other things for my collection, or to pay down debt. Usually in that order lol. If anyone wants them, they are for sale in the Classified section at melt price. I pay shipping.
 
Re: Ok i'm now a BIG BIG BIG believer in Karma!

Absolutely awesome!! I guess good deeds do pay off! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom