What's new

Ok, what is this one

sonofmitch

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
95
Reaction score
109
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lone Oak, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro ,Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This little copper looking goodie I found in Victoria, Texas. It was on the site of a former hospital. There was no longer a building there and it was just an empty lot. I found about 5 of them. I don't know how long the hospital had been gone but it was gone completely by the '80's
Any clues?
Mitch
 

Attachments

  • 009.webp
    009.webp
    37.5 KB · Views: 367
  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    148.2 KB · Views: 357
part of a lantern

Mike

Edit: possibly wall mounted candle holders :dontknow:
Edit again: I'm running out of ideas :o - Little Bells, for calling the Nurses :coffee2:
 
Upvote 0
That is the inside of a sprinkler to put out fires in a building. when it gets hot the solder melts and that piece and another piece pops out releasing the water.
 

Attachments

  • 8b7e_1.webp
    8b7e_1.webp
    11 KB · Views: 347
  • 89c1_1.webp
    89c1_1.webp
    10.9 KB · Views: 336
  • 8b7e_1.webp
    8b7e_1.webp
    11 KB · Views: 349
  • 89c1_1.webp
    89c1_1.webp
    10.9 KB · Views: 344
Upvote 0
:laughing9: :hello2: taz42o nailed it! I'll keep my worthless two cents to myself. :laughing9: :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0
now that was pulling one out of a hat. excellent ID
 
Upvote 0
That was great. How did you come to know that?
Wonder if the hospital burned down. I'd bet so.
Mitch
 
Upvote 0
sonofmitch said:
That was great. How did you come to know that?
Wonder if the hospital burned down. I'd bet so.
Mitch
That was the first thing I wondered ,if the hospital was burned.
I used to do demolition work and have cut thousands of those sprinkler heads off steel water pipe. The newer ones have a glass vial that bursts from the heat.
I am surprised there are not more of those posted here that is only the second one I've seen posted.
 
Upvote 0
^5's on the ID! :thumbsup: Breezie
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom