What's new

Okinawa low tide--Gold and silver

Bobbypins

Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2008
Messages
503
Reaction score
134
Golden Thread
0
Location
Okinawa, Japan
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
With a low tide at 11pm tonight, Rob and I decided to stay local tonight. Jason is up at Okuma for the weekend with his family, so he couldn't join us. HA-HA

Things started off pretty good for me by finding a few 500 yen coins in short order. No complaints there... because at $6.50 per coin, that money racks up FAST.

We each work our own little zones for an hour or so, and I stop to check in on Rob. He's doing ok... so I get back to it... and we both move into deeper water to try our luck.

It's rockier out here... with bigger pieces of coral and stones that wedge into the big 8" Sunspot Stealth scoop basket. But the finds were there, so I didn't mind the rocks so much.

And it was out in this area that a deep sounding target caught my attention. It took 5 minutes to finally free this little guy, but those deep rocks and shells couldn't stop me from prying this one up.
003-22.jpg


A short time later I managed to get a silver ring close to where I snagged the gold. Nothing big, but it adds up.

So after 3.5 hours, Rob and I called it quits. I don't know what he managed, but this is how I scored:

5,987 yen $79
2 US quarters and a lone dime
3g gold ring
2.5g silver ring
misc crap
lots of can slaw
quite a few stainless steel washers/bolts/nuts (you KNOW those sound good)

Thanks for stopping by and having a look. It's been a few hunts since I've found anything decent, so it's nice to finally post something worthy :thumbsup:

001-26.jpg

002-25.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Nice gold ring(s)! That looks like it is several rings put together. Nice work!
 
For sure 18 to 24K Very nice ticket!
 
such a deep yellow - and quite unique - a ripper pins :whip2:
 
Nice haul for sure,ring is a beauty
 
really nice find! congrats
 
That is a great looking ring...congrats!! :icon_pirat:
 
Great finds. I think I'm gonna try for an assignment in Japan.
 
Blobbypins, that gold is blinding!! Beautiful ring find!!!

Congratulations!! :hello2:

Lorraine
 
A very nice gold ring BP and congrats on all the coinage.
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom