🔎 UNIDENTIFIED OLD COIN?

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• ram coin.jpeg
    ram coin.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 83
  • ram coin back.jpeg
    ram coin back.jpeg
    143.2 KB · Views: 68
  • ram coin front.jpeg
    ram coin front.jpeg
    215.3 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 0
Canadian half penny bank token?
I don't think so. I have a few Canadian half penny tokens both North and South and they don't match up. Thanks for the input.

Upvote 0
It could be an imitation shekel or widow's mite with two palm trees.

Here's a similar item:

:)
The widows mite is very similar. The other braches of the palm tree might by gone by corrosion. Too bad the coin is such rough shape to specifically match. Thank you for the match.

Upvote 0
I don't think so. I have a few Canadian half penny tokens both North and South and they don't match up. Thanks for the input.
Can you give me an example of a north/south Half Penny Token please.

Upvote 0
I think the right terminology for these tokens would be Upper Canada or Lower Canada (The provinces)

Bigger than a quarter 24.26mm
Smaller than a US LC 28.57mm

There are lots of

½ Penny Regal Imitation - George III left variations.​

size range from 26.5mm-27.6mm
The strike on the reverse was weak to begin with so with wear and environmental effects can give you an image as your recovery.

Screen Shot 2023-11-28 at 6.57.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-11-28 at 7.01.30 AM.png

Upvote 1
I wanted to see the same, thanks!
I misquoted as should have been upper or lower. Here are a couple images from the web. My collection is at my winter home and I don't have access to them for my pictures.

Attachments

• lower back.jpg
    lower back.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Lower front.jpg
    Lower front.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 5
  • Upper back.jpg
    Upper back.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 5
  • Upper front.jpg
    Upper front.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 1
I misquoted as should have been upper or lower. Here are a couple images from the web. My collection is at my winter home and I don't have access to them for my pictures.
That's what I figured-It's all good.
The Bank Tokens are a thick token compared to other coinage that was floating around.
It certainly could be an imitation/Blacksmith token as there was so many different ones.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back