

I'm no expert but that was my immediate reaction too when I looked at the pictures. Complete with artificial patina to show off the details better.Iron Patch said:Unfortunately I think you will have to research modern fakes.
Don't see how anyone can say there fakes, just look like poor pictures.NHBandit said:I'm no expert but that was my immediate reaction too when I looked at the pictures. Complete with artificial patina to show off the details better.Iron Patch said:Unfortunately I think you will have to research modern fakes.

you must REALLY like the idea of counterfeitsIron Patch said:Unfortunately I think you will have to research modern fakes.

jdsarasin8194 said:you must REALLY like the idea of counterfeitsIron Patch said:Unfortunately I think you will have to research modern fakes.![]()
Fakes or not, it's still nice to get the ID's for themtraderoftreasure said:I P is pretty good at spotting fakes
I believe what you say is true. It is nice to get the idSilver Searcher said:Fakes or not, it's still nice to get the ID's for themtraderoftreasure said:I P is pretty good at spotting fakes![]()
SS


That's exactally the pointMackaydon said:SS:
I agree.
I also believe that fake or not, many would like to know the ID of the coin NWS; and I enjoy the learning that goes with doing the research and reading the comments of others. So to quickly accept a novice's opinion that the coin is fake is, perhaps, eliminating the learning opportunity others might enjoy.
Don.....
your efforts are tierless 
Mackaydon said:SS:
I agree.
I also believe that fake or not, many would like to know the ID of the coin NWS; and I enjoy the learning that goes with doing the research and reading the comments of others. So to quickly accept a novice's opinion that the coin is fake is, perhaps, eliminating the learning opportunity others might enjoy.
Don.....
Mackaydon said:SS:
I agree.
I also believe that fake or not, many would like to know the ID of the coin NWS; and I enjoy the learning that goes with doing the research and reading the comments of others. So to quickly accept a novice's opinion that the coin is fake is, perhaps, eliminating the learning opportunity others might enjoy.
Don.....
When did you become a expert on ancient coinsCRUSADER said:Mackaydon said:SS:
I agree.
I also believe that fake or not, many would like to know the ID of the coin NWS; and I enjoy the learning that goes with doing the research and reading the comments of others. So to quickly accept a novice's opinion that the coin is fake is, perhaps, eliminating the learning opportunity others might enjoy.
Don.....
Tnet is about novices opinions. My opinion is exactly the same as IP. If you want to spend your time IDing what these are copying, you are welcome to do so. In the same way that I'm welcome to make a judgement call.
'Anyone have any idea as to what these are' - the orginators question has been answered. Maybe ask him/her if they want you to ID these copies?