FINDMAll 008.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 250
Upvote 0

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find....also there is an entire forum on T-net for copper culture.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
My family owns land on an old copper mine. I've been told that the natives founded copper by using white flint with green copper tarnish to build camp fire rings. The heat, I suppose would extract the metal from the quartz, and they would find this hard material on their next trip to that area. ( nomadic natives) several have been found on our farm, but I have never found one. I don't know just how true this is, it sounds good, but if a camp fire would burn hot enough to extract copper from quartz, I'd be a millionaire!

OP
OP
walker2

walker2

Greenie
Oct 21, 2008
oshkosh wi
Detector(s) used
minelab sov. xs2apro
My family owns land on an old copper mine. I've been told that the natives founded copper by using white flint with green copper tarnish to build camp fire rings. The heat, I suppose would extract the metal from the quartz, and they would find this hard material on their next trip to that area. ( nomadic natives) several have been found on our farm, but I have never found one. I don't know just how true this is, it sounds good, but if a camp fire would burn hot enough to extract copper from quartz, I'd be a millionaire!
In WI they would build fires around the rocks that held copper .Then when it got very hot they would pour water on the rocks to crack them. After that they would pound on the rocks with rock hammers and get the raw copper out of them.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Well, you boys are in business with me! We're opening the mine back up! I bet honestly, It would be worth the time extracting the copper from that milky quartz on the farm. Most of the stones are totally green. Mounds and mounds where they blasted out the shafts. 2500 feet holes and tunnels that cover over 200 acres of land.

kkbroker

Oct 2, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too cool...can't even put into words how envious I am of your find. Congrats

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find!!! if only I could stumble across something ancient.
I would love to hunt with you in the after the ice melts.
Again that is fantastic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions