What's new

Old dowtown section cleared out!!!

chemist100

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2007
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Flowery Branch, North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
The old downtown section of the town I live in has been cleared!!! Nothing but I clear level lot, no dirt has been removed. A friend of mine is the contractor for the project. He told me that no work will begin until after the first of the year. He is in the process of getting permission to hunt the lot. I have done some research and I found a map of this section from 1912. there seems to be a lot of cotton storage and a cotton Gin. If anyone is looking for some research aids, check out the Sanborn Map company. Thats where I found this map. Very good details on the maps. I'll post my finds are they come in. HH everyone.
 
Sounds good. Old town demo's can be very productive. Is the lot fenced or posted or something to stop from going now? If that were from my area, it would already have been hit by now!
 
Demos can be good spots unless they move a lot of dirt. They do a lot of old house demos around here and I try to catch them after the City, County or State has bought them and the structure is vacant but still standing. It's hard to orient yourself once the structure is gone. You have to be prepared to dig a lot of junk, but dig everything and you should have some decent finds. Good luck! Monty
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom