Thanks SWR and skrimpy,It is definitly a 7900 but I still haven't determined the bg#,that should help pin down a value.I think I will probably send it in for grading but I really like being able to touch it without the slab so who knows,and yes,I do know that its better for the coin to have it slabbed.Liquigirl,I carry a green river whiskey good luck charm that I found a few years back and I always wear my replica NHSM belt buckle which is a copy of the original I found back in 2003.Call me supersticious but hey if theres a chance that it may help i'll take it.Thanks capefearsman and I hope your right crusader.Digginman,I don't think I saw your gold coin post,I'm going to look for it when I'm finished with this.Thanks Rudy,Weasle and Michiganne,I do believe that persistance and proficiency with your machine is the key and if you strive for both you'll be successful too.I'm 40 years old and I started doing this hobby with my dad when I was 12 so I've definitly put in my time and was feeling like I was due.I guess that day was just my day.Thanks old dog,I was astonished to see that seated,that was a milestone in my detecting career but when I got the gold piece,man I just about came unglued!!HH to all, Bootstrap