What's new

Old farm plow?

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
I found this in a field that dates back to the early 1700's. Any idea what this is and how old it is? ???
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0679.webp
    IMG_0679.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 579
  • IMG_0680.webp
    IMG_0680.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_0681.webp
    IMG_0681.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_0682.webp
    IMG_0682.webp
    20.9 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_0683.webp
    IMG_0683.webp
    22 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_0686.webp
    IMG_0686.webp
    18.5 KB · Views: 434
Looks like one of the parts that hold the blades inline for a hay cutting machine. I cant remember the name...d2
 
Upvote 0
I think it looks like a cultivator blade due to the angle and mount. You lose a lot of them when they get loose.

TiredIron
 
Upvote 0
Here's a few examples from a 1928 Sears Cat .
 

Attachments

  • Picture 007 (2).webp
    Picture 007 (2).webp
    62.8 KB · Views: 496
  • Picture 008.webp
    Picture 008.webp
    61.4 KB · Views: 374
Upvote 0
Seems like the same blade I have. I,m green checkin it. Thank you Tirediron and Mojjax. :headbang: and all others who helped.
 
Upvote 0
I have to agree with the cultivator blade also. Mojjax's catalog pic reminded me of one of those old plows (with the wheel) that sitting in one of the storage areas of our barn...gonna have to drag it out for a picture. :D

:wink: RR
 
Upvote 0
Your welcome...... I wish it could be bolted back to the cultivator arm and run through the dirt for a few acres. The dirt would polish it back up like new.

Tirediron
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom