JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few days ago had a massive sand storm where I live just right after they plowed the many sweet potato fields around me. Today I decided to check out a field next to my house after the storm flattened the field. I've had luck here a few times as I believe in the very early 1900s a house burnt down where the field is now. I had a good idea where stuff once was as all the old glass showed because all the loose sand was blown away. A few minutes in found this which I think is a Foster Farms pin that just has a lot of corrosion and an early one I think. Not super exciting but better than getting skunked.

Attachments

• 20211015_131647.jpg
    20211015_131647.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 131
  • mir_20211015_131917.jpg
    mir_20211015_131917.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 94
  • mir_20211015_131851.jpg
    mir_20211015_131851.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 89
  • mir_20211015_132004.jpg
    mir_20211015_132004.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 74
  • mir_20211015_131810.jpg
    mir_20211015_131810.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 23

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A few days ago had a massive sand storm where I live just right after they plowed the many sweet potato fields around me. Today I decided to check out a field next to my house after the storm flattened the field. I've had luck here a few times as I believe in the very early 1900s a house burnt down where the field is now. I had a good idea where stuff once was as all the old glass showed because all the loose sand was blown away. A few minutes in found this which I think is a Foster Farms pin that just has a lot of corrosion and an early one I think. Not super exciting but better than getting skunked.
That’s a cool old pin. I like it’s design. Congratulations!

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don,t know if it,s Foster Farms,but I like it! Congrats.
Yeah it is. Lots of my family have been in Foster for years and years. My grandpa was a superior at a plant, my grandma is a head accountant, and my pops has been a ranch manager for 30 years. Showed my grandma a picture of it and she said it definitely is Foster's. Age wise I have no idea I know they didn't start till 1939 I think and even then it was just Turkeys. So I'd imagine mid 45s to 1950s? That is if it is an early pin. It doesn't look like something newer but heck I've been wrong many times over.

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find! It's in pretty god shape, too! Congratulations!
I wasn't sure it was a pin at first because I'm not used to finding a pin with the back still on. The iron spike part rusted and locked the back part in

Jeff Beaumont

Apr 16, 2021
Roanoke, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Apex, Garrett 300. Tesoro Cibola.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find, well done

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes it is definitely the older Fosters logo. I did some looking online and found a couple of items of theirs with the same chicken logo, One was said to have dated from 1971 and the other from 1984. Aside from that I have no idea when that particular logo was put into use or changed to the current one

Last edited:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a nice piece of your local history, it's interesting and a bonus that the original clip is still attached on the back. :thumbsup:

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a very cool and interesting find- Congrats!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
neat find and great save

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your nice recovery try to get back there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions