Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
nahabit said:
bigcypresshunter said:
I am not going to go on and on with this. I understand, they did attack Russia. But just curious, in your history books, how many prisoners that surrendered from Stalingrad area, and the city itself, died in captivity ? ???

in stalingrad area was captured 300.000 man. and 180.000 was killed in battle for city. all german casaulties was 1000.000 soldiers for 2 years battle.....i may write to you
I think we both have the same figures. 300,000 Germans captured in the city itself and a couple hundred thousand scared Rumanian and Italian Armies captured guarding the 6th Army's rear flank and supply lines to Stalingrad, which left them cut off. Hitler condemned a whole Army to death by refusing General Paulus permission to attempt a break out.

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lots of numbers here!! I need to write all this down!
Some really cold bad times for all sides...Most just kids at the end that had no clue what the hell was going on!!

O

Ole Mole

I for one found the photo's very educational. My father-in-law was in WWII and jumped from a plane over St. Marie Aglise (spelling?). He had lied about his age at the time (was 17) to enlist and thought that being a paratrooper would be the smart thing to do, thinking less action. He thought wrong, but he did make it home safely. He talks about the war and what he seen and been through over there.
Bit of interesting tidbits from his accounts is that he was a guard to D.W. Eisenhower. Another was that an Irish lady would do his laundry for him until she found some condoms in his pants pocket. They were used to keep the pant leg openings drawn together when in their boots and also the barrel condoms. Words cannot speak the issues of war what pictures can. These type of photo's will never be seen in a classroom book and depict war for what is really is.

Great historic photo's you have there and don't hesitate posting more, for those that do not want to see them can turn their heads, close their eyes, or switch to another post on the forum.

O

Ole Mole

Sorry Buck that I offended you and believe me that it is not my intention.

Youa re right that I have not experienced death, but I do have a very close relationship with my brother-in-law who is serving in Iraq and care very much for his and others safety.

Again my apologies if I offened you and I would like to thank you for the service that you provided to this country.

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
Ol' Mole said:

Youa re right that I have not experienced death, but I do have a very close relationship with my brother-in-law who is serving in Iraq and care very much for his and others safety.

Again my apologies if I offened you and I would like to thank you for the service that you provided to this country.
None taken as I said in the first post we need to support our U.S. fighting men now in Iraq and other places around the world photos that were showed here should be showed by request not on a pubic forum like this I know that it is important to know our past history but the showing of a bunch of DEAD PEOPLE I don't think so. that is about it Buck

O

Ole Mole

Buck said:
Ol' Mole said:

None taken as I said in the first post we need to support our U.S. fighting men now in Iraq and other places around the world photos that were showed here should be showed by request not on a pubic forum like this I know that it is important to know our past history but the showing of a bunch of DEAD PEOPLE I don't think so. that is about it Buck
I do agree with you about the massive pile of human corpses that should have not ben displayed. Marked grave sites I can tolerate, massive pile of human corpses I cannot.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A warning in the thread title would be nice for sure. That was a bit excessive, though I know your intentions were of the most pure :)

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
dj & any others: I pulled my Post because I realize that while Nahabit's exhibit turned into pure one sided Soviet Prop., He probably was raised in that type of atmosphere & knows no better. My purpose in enjoying TN was, & will always be, MD & TH'ing. When Politics is brought up, my mind no longer focuses on MD & Th'ing.

Thank You,

Joe :-\

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, Since kids also read these forums, That should be taken off or a warning. You can get this is history class where teachers can explain or on a dvd about war and what happens when people go bad, bought by parents or yourself.
These are old photos and that is what makes them pass the test! What if they were old photos of sex or nudity :) Funny how dead or hanging people pass and nudity and sex doesn't! (Just a view on society)

ole_grisley

Nov 23, 2007
Lycomming Co Pa
Detector(s) used
treasure cove
May be the leadersa of the world countries should be made to set and look at pics of the dead and what war really is and then maybe they think twice befor sending the kids off to war! I served nam and got out in 72 and no I am not proud of the stuff I saw there but we have to learn from the past and make tomorrow a better place to live. the people do not want it but the leaders ????? well we all know. the pics here have a great message as war is hell and there is no other way about it. and good topic here .

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ol' Mole said:
Buck said:
Ol' Mole said:

I do agree with you about the massive pile of human corpses that should have not ben displayed. Marked grave sites I can tolerate, massive pile of human corpses I cannot.
Sorry if the pic I posted of dead German soldiers at Stalingrad offended you. I had to post this picture to show Nahabit that atrocities occured on both sides. Apparently he didnt see this side of history, doesnt even believe it happened, and cant see past the Soviet propaganda in his country. Maybe we can learn from past history and it will not happen again... war is ugly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread