Old Gold Ingot??

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! I obviously don't know what it is. I don't understand why someone would say I'm baiting people. How weird. But OK. Nevermind. I've had a very old ring turn black. So the alloy is what turns black and yes I took it to a pawn shop and they said there's definitely gold in it. It's strange how it's layered in between slate kind of material. Very odd.
Pay no attention to the baiting thing,it,s happened before at times. Keep us informed as you have new information,I,d really like to know what you have there.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I've seen 10K turn black as well.
So the pawn shop tells one that their black ring is gold and thats a reason to avoid them? lol
I wouldn't buy a black ring that I was told was gold, but if I had a black ring and a pawn shop told me they'd pay a gold price for it that would be a good reason to visit, not avoid.
I, too, would like to see better pics of the black with gold color inside bar. Have you broken that end up to see if it pans as heavy's ar ANYthing?

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should only offer gold for sale to trustworthy dealers. I've had some bad experiences (name redacted to protect the innocent):

cash4gold.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread