What's new

Old gun part found in the woods? (probably not)

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2008
Messages
1,601
Reaction score
220
Golden Thread
0
Location
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 900
I found this small curved piece of metal during the summer with some other iron items and was wondering if it was part of a firing piece for a gun ? (The item for size reference is a newer nickel with sun glare) Thanks in advance for your help/opinions !

TommNJ
 

Attachments

  • close up.webp
    close up.webp
    103.6 KB · Views: 525
  • gun part.webp
    gun part.webp
    120.2 KB · Views: 854
  • steel finds with it.webp
    steel finds with it.webp
    84.4 KB · Views: 415
Re: Old gun part found in the woods?

I don't think it is.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Old gun part found in the woods?

I doubt it. Nothing I recognize. MOnty
 
Upvote 0
Ok, thanks again ! Maybe it is some sort of latch or a piece of machinery that broke off ? I posted it to satisfy my curiosity and maybe to tell me a little more about the area I was in. I was exploring some new area and about a mile into the woods I spotted one of these :-\. (I'll give it the green check)

TommNJ
 

Attachments

  • posted.webp
    posted.webp
    99.7 KB · Views: 638
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom