What's new

Old high school still putting out.

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2014
Messages
1,790
Reaction score
3,850
Golden Thread
1
Location
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Manticore
Equinox 800
Modified Etrac
Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out yesterday and today and hunted an old high school here in town that's been giving up stuff since 2000. The heat was almost too much to handle, 100+ both days, hunted 3 hours yesterday and 2 1/2 today. Scored 2 wheats, a war nickle and a merc yesterday, SLQ, 2 wheats, an aluminum button and the pendant today. It's been a while since I've dug a SLQ, she badly worn, but beautiful to find. I was running the Etrac in my cherry picking mode because it was too damn hot not too :tongue3: I know what you guys are gonna say, your missing stuff running like that. Normally I run an almost open screen but, conditions, heat and laziness forced me too. :icon_thumleft:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160704_142046190_HDR.webp
    IMG_20160704_142046190_HDR.webp
    87.4 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_6822.webp
    IMG_6822.webp
    120.7 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_6824.webp
    IMG_6824.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 181
Upvote 38
Wow! Read that title too fast. Great hunt. Hope she keeps putting out for you.
 
Insert the word girlfriend, & you'd have one heck of a title ! Like that Standing Lib Quarter.
 
I should have said, the high school, like my old girlfriend, still putting out:censored:
 
Nice digs Dan, it's great when you can pull many keepers on back to back hunts. :thumbsup: The old schools in my area have been hunted out. I believe there were many detectorist in this location back in the 70's and 80's. Thank God they did not clean all the private properties though. :icon_thumleft:
 
Great finds. Congratulations, I hope there are many more good finds there.
 
Congratualtions on the productive hunt! :occasion14:
 
Looks like turf fun to me ! The heat sounds punishing though .
 
Congrats on the sweet silver and wheat pennies.
Believe it or not, , there aren't too many schools in NYC that have open lawns. Most of the schools have perimeter lawns that are fenced in and locked.
Nice couple of hunts.
 
Congrats on a nice hunt The SLQ is a welcome find
 
Well done dan , I do remember telling you that you were going to find a SLQ , nice silver finds congrats
 
Congratulations on the SLQ, Dan. Any SLQ is impressive!
 
Nice hunt . I thought my trashy park program was tight . Holy crap. ... you got me beat
 
Love those old high schools! Found my first silver Washington at the HS I graduated from in 1966! (I know, I am OLD!!)
 
Sweet silver and a wheat! Nice!

The high school here has tons of trash, extremely difficult to detect.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom