What's new

Old Metal - John W. Davis

FooserPaul

Hero Member
Joined
May 9, 2008
Messages
777
Reaction score
26
Golden Thread
0
Location
Somewhere in CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Hello all!

This rang out as a quarter / half @ 6"...

John W. Davis... there are a few from our history... I leaning towards the RI Govenor...

JohnDavis.jpg


Any one.... I bet PBK is on this like a pitbuller on a 2nd grader... he is fast like that!

HH,
Paul
 
All I found is this listing...
http://www.johnwdavis.org/

Seems he was a democrat candidate for president in 1924, that medal might be for a local campaign it's not listed in this museum.
 
Upvote 0
steif said:
All I found is this listing...
http://www.johnwdavis.org/

Seems he was a democrat candidate for president in 1924, that medal might be for a local campaign it's not listed in this museum. But the glass paperweight looks like the picture on the medal to my eyes.
 
Upvote 0
I looked at that and they have different hair cuts...

I was thinking this John W. Davis... being from our state east... Rhode Island...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_W._Davis_(governor)

But I can't find any pictures of him...

I found it in front os a school that was built in 1899 @ 6-7 "... not that that means much...

Paul
 
Upvote 0
yes I see what you mean about the hairstyle.
someone should have a picture of the governor to compare..lol..
 
Upvote 0
steif said:
All I found is this listing...
http://www.johnwdavis.org/

Seems he was a democrat candidate for president in 1924, that medal might be for a local campaign it's not listed in this museum.
I think its a match. :thumbsup: I also agree with steif and trash.


Why is it that nobody want to post pictures of the backs anymore? There could be manufacturers marks making it easier to search and find the exact match and prompt identification of this token. davisprs.webp


Read number one please. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,117700.0.html
 
Upvote 0
I did post that the back was smooth flat... and zip-oh on it.... :-(

I email the people at the site listed to see if this is a match...

Thx

Paul
 
Upvote 0
I've collected political items for over 30 years, and I can safely say, that this is the John W. Davis who was the 1924 Democratic candidate for president. Prior to his running for president, he was the governor of West Virginia. For being buried for that long of a time, your item is in excellant shape. As a friend of mine would say........ "Nice digs"
 
Upvote 0
nebstater said:
I've collected political items for over 30 years, and I can safely say, that this is the John W. Davis who was the 1924 Democratic candidate for president. Prior to his running for president, he was the governor of West Virginia. For being buried for that long of a time, your item is in excellant shape. As a friend of mine would say........ "Nice digs"

Nebstater... Thank you for the conformation!

Paul
 
Upvote 0
FooserPaul said:
I did post that the back was smooth flat... and zip-oh on it.... :-(

Thx

Paul
Where? My computer screen does not show where you mentioned about the back. It may have zip but I have seen many times where the finder thought it had zip but someone sees something. Geez this is like pulling teeth. I dont make the rules.
 
Upvote 0
ok good sir... my bad... I know in my mind I wrote that or meant too....

Forgive me...


HEY EVERYONE the back is flat and smooth with no data / information :-)

Paul
 
Upvote 0
FooserPaul said:
ok good sir... my bad... I know in my mind I wrote that or meant too....

Forgive me...


HEY EVERYONE the back is flat and smooth with no data / information :-)

Paul
;D I apologize if I came across as being rude. It just seems that many people refuse/forget to post pics of the back and it gets frustrating trying to constantly ask for it. In your case you decided that there were no markings or clues, in your opinion, so you wont post it. Sometimes we find a clue that you didnt see and/or it helps in judging the thickness and composition. Like I say, I dont make the rules and Im sorry if I am/was rude. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,117700.0.html
When I have my camera out, I take several pics of the front, side and back and post the best ones. I know its aggravating to get the camera back out again. Next time take both pics at the same time its easier.

A search of some of the token database sites may find a match. I wonder if the hole is original or was made later? Nice find.
 
Upvote 0
The hole was original as there was a metal ring in it that was bent open...

Paul
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom