Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent the day kicking around some old mines a ways to the south of me. There were lots of spots with piles of old cans and broken bottles, and they all looked like they'd been searched previously, so I looked for spots that looked kind of flat with enough area to pitch a wall tent in between the gulleys and washes. I started finding random small stuff that indicated I was on the right track, then started getting good targets.
IMG_4833.jpeg
IMG_4834.jpeg

It wasn't an easy place to hunt being very rocky, steep and loaded with cholla cactus (nasty stuff!), but it was pretty fun and peaceful. I didn't see another soul out there.
I'll definitely be heading back there soon!

Upvote 44
Um...... did you look at that buffalo close ? ? ?
From here it appears to be a three leg.
If so.... you found a seriously killer coin.
Hmmm, I think those were only 1937-d, but I'll check it out, thanks!

I was going to ask if those nickels really looked like that when they were found, but saw you claening method- will give that a whirl. As for the religious medallions, I think my avatar will tell you how I feel about those.
I love finding religious stuff also, much more of a personal item than coins, and most jewelry.
I've never found that type of cross before, and finding two about 50 feet apart was pretty cool!

That's awesome! Where people slept/rested or where they ate are great places. I've found a few things from the ladies who must have waited for the men outside the mines at good lunch spots. Those medallions are beautiful!!
Ha, I hadn't even thought of that. I found an old, smashed lipstick tube there and thought that was pretty odd, but makes sense what you said, thanks!

You sure have a knack for sniffing out the good spots! Congrats on the neat finds!!

Spent the day kicking around some old mines a ways to the south of me. There were lots of spots with piles of old cans and broken bottles, and they all looked like they'd been searched previously, so I looked for spots that looked kind of flat with enough area to pitch a wall tent in between the gulleys and washes. I started finding random small stuff that indicated I was on the right track, then started getting good targets.
View attachment 2074239View attachment 2074240

It wasn't an easy place to hunt being very rocky, steep and loaded with cholla cactus (nasty stuff!), but it was pretty fun and peaceful. I didn't see another soul out there.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

You sure have a knack for sniffing out the good spots! Congrats on the neat finds!!
Thanks, I feel very lucky and blessed to be able to find so much with such a late start to the hobby. I'm fully addicted to it, so I guess that helps!

View attachment 2074239View attachment 2074240

Your recoveries survived well in that environment....nice rescues!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back