What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Old open top thimble?

Detector mom

Full Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
129
Reaction score
268
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
white's mdx 300; simplex plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found near old colonial home site where I’ve found many flat buttons. Not far from an old tavern, long gone. NJ. Oldest coin I’ve found there was an 1848 Nova Scotia half-token. Seems made of copper? Exaggerated bell shape seems unusual for a thimble. Thanks for any insights!
 

Attachments

  • B406972D-315A-438B-9720-B44AB75C1D92.webp
    B406972D-315A-438B-9720-B44AB75C1D92.webp
    128.4 KB · Views: 118
  • D476C916-7E3D-4A0E-89F4-BE723BE0C71E.webp
    D476C916-7E3D-4A0E-89F4-BE723BE0C71E.webp
    125 KB · Views: 83
Found near old colonial home site where I’ve found many flat buttons. Not far from an old tavern, long gone. NJ. Oldest coin I’ve found there was an 1848 Nova Scotia half-token. Seems made of copper? Exaggerated bell shape seems unusual for a thimble. Thanks for any insights!
Can you photograph it from the top? I can’t really see the open top you mention. Looks like a normal thimble that has been semi-flattened, in the photo. Thanks
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom