Old Park Continues to be Kind to Me

AgIA

Oct 5, 2012
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got off work a bit early and headed out to the park that has been my breakthrough in finding older coins and silver. Pulled two silver coins out pretty quick plus a wheatie. Put the silver away to clean up at home. Saw that the one was a Merc but couldn't tell what the quarter was... IMG_3749.JPG

Was pretty excited to get them home to clean them off and see what my first silver quarter was going to be...
IMG_3750.JPG

It's very worn but it looks like a 1909 Barber along with the 1941 Merc. Very exciting day and more proof that this park and I will be friends for a bit longer.

Thanks for looking...

Upvote 4
Looks like a good day to me. Congrats!

Wow! Great finds! Definitely, go back often!!! :icon_thumleft:

I've pulled a few Silvers out of them old places,never underestimate them signals,sound ain't everything,some times you gotta watch the VDI,wavers a bit. Nice Scores Man!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless Chris

Nice finds!

You got a very low-detected park there.

Couldn't help but head back for a quick hour hunt after yesterday even though I'm getting to be sick as a dog. Wasn't disappointed...IMG_3754.JPG

Great finds there, keep it up!

Ahhhh good deal. I like a place that gives up a little every now and then. Some places become like old friends. Glad she is still producing for you.
HH
TnMtns

Ive been hunting the same small park all summer i dig anything that rings above foil and it keep producing ...each time i think its hunted out i go back 2 more times and pull something else this week it was a 1905-0 dime ...keep swinging in there more good things will come

Good for you!

Nice barber and other coins

You have a good spot ...Glad to see you didn't wipe the dirt off of them as soon as you got them out of the hole... They display so much better without scratches. Keep hunting and posting!

That park is clearly a winner - if you are using the e-trac , you also have a winner ! looks like a win -win situation to me !!! Argentium.

Got back out there this morning for a few hours and found a couple more goodies...

IMG_3760.JPG

1917 & 1942-D

I think I'm going to have to start removing lots of garbage in order to find many more and there is lots of surface garbage...

Thanks for looking!

anyday of silver is always a good day epecially when one of the silver coins is a barber quarter I find alot of silver quarters but so far the barber is illuding me. LOL HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back