What's new

Old relics?

relichunter4206

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 20, 2019
Messages
4
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been Metal detecting in my backyard (suburban area) and I have found some interesting things. I’m most interested in identifying the circled item, which looks like some kind of button.

The headstamp is a REM-UMC Shurshot No. 12
 

Attachments

  • 52CA762F-184A-4034-96D0-8CAB9D539511.webp
    52CA762F-184A-4034-96D0-8CAB9D539511.webp
    289.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 99BCAA1A-EC8E-4DFE-9A85-D6C54F4C5E34.webp
    99BCAA1A-EC8E-4DFE-9A85-D6C54F4C5E34.webp
    206.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 28CEE39A-1B06-44F3-AA72-0AE350D61120.webp
    28CEE39A-1B06-44F3-AA72-0AE350D61120.webp
    199.7 KB · Views: 61
  • E2B3FDDB-5839-4E37-BFE9-67C1B442CA94.webp
    E2B3FDDB-5839-4E37-BFE9-67C1B442CA94.webp
    293.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 9CFF3A07-D22C-4DE1-B182-EC1C9CEC7D78.webp
    9CFF3A07-D22C-4DE1-B182-EC1C9CEC7D78.webp
    191.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
That button looks like it may be a colonial era domed "bar" button. If so, that is a very cool find. Maybe somebody more knowledgeable than I will chime in and confirm or rebuke that notion.
 
Upvote 0
That button looks like it may be a colonial era domed "bar" button. If so, that is a very cool find. Maybe somebody more knowledgeable than I will chime in and confirm or rebuke that notion.

Thank you for replying. It might be, but the headstamp which I found near it dated much later so they are probably from the same dates (early 1900s, late 1800s).
 
Upvote 0
I have found modern shot shells along side colonial period stuff.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom