What's new

Old safety pin or other type pin, Better pics added

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2005
Messages
1,779
Reaction score
95
Golden Thread
0
Location
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going tru some things i found on Civil War sites. I came
across this "Pin"
Anyone have an idea what it is, was used for. :icon_scratch:
Thanks
 

Attachments

  • Picture 129.webp
    Picture 129.webp
    8.5 KB · Views: 491
Need a ruler laid next to it. Could be anything from a small safety pin to a diaper pin to a mail bag pin. Need measurement.
Also, electrolysis would help get the rust off, but since it's such a small item, watch it carefully while in electrolysis.
 
Upvote 0
If it is big, I'd say it is a horse blanket pin.

il_570xN.189959568.jpg


DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It looks like a safety pin. As we use different types of stylish pins on our hats,blezers,sarees and many other things, so might be it's a conventional kind of safety pin used in old times.
 
Upvote 0
Be careful. The rust may be all that is holding it together.
 
Upvote 0
I think, difficult to pin clothes with this safty pin.
 
Upvote 0
It looks dusty. if it was cleaned then we can recognize the actual thing.
 
Upvote 0
If the circled glob is decorative and not just a glob of rust, I would think womens hair barrette.
picmod.webp
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom