Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a long drive out to a small town school site I have never hunted. It is always such a gamble to drive so far just to find it's been hunted out by the local diggers. I had a few back up sites, but this place was my main focus because it has such a large area to hunt. I started around the old school and within no time I had dug a 45 Merc. This was a good sign that there was some things left to find. Well I hunted hard for about 2 hours and I had dug maybe 3 wheaties and a few pieces of clad. I took a water break and decided to head down to the farthest spot away from the school that looked perfect for a ball field. The grass was a lot taller but not so bad you couldn't swing. I started in the corner where I imagine home plate would have been and my first signal was another Merc. I spent another two hours working the infield having a good time digging old coins lost by the kids from years ago. The 1896 O Barber quarter was a great surprise and the kangaroo penny that was turned into a whizzer toy is a cool piece. My favorite find is The Band Of Mercy star pin. It's from an organization that was formed in 1875 and was to teach kids about being kind to all animals. It's always fun to find something new to learn about and it was well worth the drive for some good dirt therapy.

xqT86wl.jpg
VHEiwDB.jpg

BgibfRH.jpg
1cD0ta9.jpg

CzojyRD.jpg
HzawrSr.jpg

MSqbk22.jpg
x9t2RH2.jpg

iGx2r21.jpg

Di6edkb.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 40

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a long drive out to a small town school site I have never hunted. It is always such a gamble to drive so far just to find it's been hunted out by the local diggers. I had a few back up sites, but this place was my main focus because it has such a large area to hunt. I started around the old school and within no time I had dug a 45 Merc. This was a good sign that there was some things left to find. Well I hunted hard for about 2 hours and I had dug maybe 3 wheaties and a few pieces of clad. I took a water break and decided to head down to the farthest spot away from the school that looked perfect for a ball field. The grass was a lot taller but not so bad you couldn't swing. I started in the corner where I imagine home plate would have been and my first signal was another Merc. I spent another two hours working the infield having a good time digging old coins lost by the kids from years ago. The 1896 O Barber quarter was a great surprise and the kangaroo penny that was turned into a whizzer toy is a cool piece. My favorite find is The Band Of Mercy star pin. It's from an organization that was formed in 1875 and was to teach kids about being kind to all animals. It's always fun to find something new to learn about and it was well worth the drive for some good dirt therapy.

xqT86wl.jpg
VHEiwDB.jpg

BgibfRH.jpg
1cD0ta9.jpg

CzojyRD.jpg
HzawrSr.jpg

MSqbk22.jpg
x9t2RH2.jpg

iGx2r21.jpg

Di6edkb.jpg
Awesome Hunt!!! Congrats!!!

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

xqT86wl.jpg
VHEiwDB.jpg

BgibfRH.jpg
1cD0ta9.jpg

CzojyRD.jpg
HzawrSr.jpg

MSqbk22.jpg
x9t2RH2.jpg

iGx2r21.jpg

Di6edkb.jpg
Outstanding!

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coins. Must be near the border because of all the Canadian ones?
Thanks. The small Canadian cent is about 800 miles south of where it should be and the big penny is Australian and I'm quessing a few thousand miles from home. Both are 1941 so may have traveled here after WWII,

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you had quite a day! But remember, you can't hunt a site out. Sometimes the real goodies lie waiting still to be found! Awesome haul, thanks for sharing.
Thanks Mike and you're right there's always a few things left hiding for us to find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread