What's new

old spoons - update *resized pics*

jerseyben

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
5,216
Reaction score
2,180
Golden Thread
0
Location
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Found 3 old spoons. Trying to determine what metal they contain (I know they can be silver).

They all have traces of green oxidation and when bent the outer oxidation gives way to a rusty surface with a purple hue? None of them are attracted to a magnet. 2 are very light/thin and 1 is a bit thicker/heavier.

I will post pics later this evening.
 
Re: old spoons

A green oxidation is usually an indicator of copper. May be silver plate.

Best,
Scott
 
Upvote 0
Re: old spoons

Green is not a good color for old silver.
I clean em up & put them in the silverware drawer :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: old spoons

Sounds like you guys already identified these as copper spoons but here are some pics as promised.
I also posted a pic of 2 Saturday's ago tot-lot clad finds.

UPDATE:
Re-sized the pics.
 

Attachments

  • mail.google.com4.webp
    mail.google.com4.webp
    3.7 KB · Views: 164
  • mail.google.com5.webp
    mail.google.com5.webp
    3.5 KB · Views: 155
  • mail.google.com6.webp
    mail.google.com6.webp
    3.2 KB · Views: 153
  • mail.google.com7.webp
    mail.google.com7.webp
    5.5 KB · Views: 135
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom