What's new

Old tool?

ALAMOTX

Full Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2008
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I found this also near an 1878 house.

Is it some sort of old tool?

Thanks :icon_thumright:
 

Attachments

  • P1010675.webp
    P1010675.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 333
  • P1010679.webp
    P1010679.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 341
  • P1010680.webp
    P1010680.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 343
It appears to be one side of a barrel bolt lock...the bolt slides across into the piece you have to lock a gate or door.
 
Upvote 0
You're good at this Clovis. You keep reading my mind. Stop it!! >:(
 
Upvote 0
I'm nearly certain it is a flag holder. You insert the flag pole in the circular hole and mount it using the four corner holes to a house etc. It would have to be pretty robust to hold a decent sized flag.



Baldingboy
 
Upvote 0
Baldingboy said:
I'm nearly certain it is a flag holder. You insert the flag pole in the circular hole and mount it using the four corner holes to a house etc. It would have to be pretty robust to hold a decent sized flag.



Baldingboy
Thats what I thought but was afraid to say. :D http://www.kitesonline.com/flags/brackets.html
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Thats what I thought but was afraid to say. :D http://www.kitesonline.com/flags/brackets.html
Afraid? Afraid? Why you aint never been afraid of nothing on here! :laughing7: However, the only thing that bothers me with the flag theory is the size of the hole. It would be a pretty small flag pole, versus a pretty strong piece of metal. I'm leaning towards the bolt latch.
 
Upvote 0
diggummup said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Thats what I thought but was afraid to say. :D http://www.kitesonline.com/flags/brackets.html
Afraid? Afraid? Why you aint never been afraid of nothing on here! :laughing7: However, the only thing that bothers me with the flag theory is the size of the hole. It would be a pretty small flag pole, versus a pretty strong piece of metal. I'm leaning towards the bolt latch.
;D I change my mind. lock slide.webp
 
Upvote 0
Flag holders for walls..like this one would be...are usually angled outwards, or am i wrong?
 
Upvote 0
Dano Sverige said:
Flag holders for walls..like this one would be...are usually angled outwards, or am i wrong?
You are correct. That was another point that I "was" going to point out. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom