What's new

Old toy pistol

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2006
Messages
1,372
Reaction score
37
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Hi I finally got this one off of the camera. It was found two weeks ago in the same corn field as the 1800 draped bust penny. This toy gun was found in two holes about 5 inches apart. I remember playing with similar toy guns as a kid. I don't really know how old it is. Any ideas???
 

Attachments

  • Dsc03428.webp
    Dsc03428.webp
    35.9 KB · Views: 418
Upvote 0
Nice find. I remember playing with guns similar to the one you found, back in the '50's. Back in the day of the double header cowboy movies on Saturday afternoon. It looks to be in pretty good shape for being in the ground that long. Congratulations, and keep at it.... HH
 
They sure don't make - em like they use to . Nice find !
 
Nice find Ed. I had a few toy pistols as a kid but were talking late 70's. Similar looking but I'm sure not the same. That must have been fun to find.
 
I found one similar in a neighborhood yard built in 1951..mine has the steer on the grip like yours.

Clean off the dirt below and just to the rear of the cylinder..if it says Smokey it's a single shot cap gun made by Hubley. It's shown on this link, first one pictured.

http://www.nicholscapguns.com/hubley4.htm

Nat
 
Here's the 2 I found recently..the bottom one and yours have a common grip.

GUNS.jpg


The top one came out in 3 pieces..I bonded them together with crazy glue.

It's not often you find the old ones in one piece..I was lucky I hit the grip first when digging the first one out.

Nat
 
Natman said:
I found one similar in a neighborhood yard built in 1951..mine has the steer on the grip like yours.

Clean off the dirt below and just to the rear of the cylinder..if it says Smokey it's a single shot cap gun made by Hubley. It's shown on this link, first one pictured.

http://www.nicholscapguns.com/hubley4.htm

Nat

Wow thanks to all for the quick replies. Natman that website is great. Thank you for the info on the gun. I guess I'll have to clean er' up and git er' in a case ;D
 
Natman said:
Here's the 2 I found recently..the bottom one and yours have a common grip.

GUNS.jpg


The top one came out in 3 pieces..I bonded them together with crazy glue.

It's not often you find the old ones in one piece..I was lucky I hit the grip first when digging the first one out.

Nat

Natman you are right I just checked it. Mine has horse heads on the grips and says 'smoke' on the sides just below the hammer. I'll get it cleaned up nice and put it in my large display case. Thanks for the info 8) 8)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom