What's new

Old Trail Finds after the Rain

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
6,428
Reaction score
9,296
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is an old trail that crosses the creek and a little knoll at the edge of my yard. I have found points, flakes and scrapers there for 30 years. That's where I found the spindle whorl. Tony
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2931.webp
    IMG_2931.webp
    512.2 KB · Views: 158
Upvote 0
A site right in your yard. Can't beat that!
 
I 2nd what sandchip said! It must be good to know for sure what was there at one time. I find artifacts in my creek but it's never been documented so I'm always speculating. Those are great finds Tony!
 
Nice finds, always nice to search close by.
 
Nice point and HBer. I have found 1 broken scraper in my backyard but that's all.
 
Wow-- lucky you! Congrats on your super-local finds! Happy Thanksgiving- Yakker
 
Great finds and I find points, pottery and flakes in my yard, but my wife won't let me dig(Darn land owner's ):laughing7:
 
I have to "Landscape" in that area alot!!:laughing7: . Tony
Great finds and I find points, pottery and flakes in my yard, but my wife won't let me dig(Darn land owner's ):laughing7:
 
That is a nice point you found. Thanks for sharing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom