Old WWII Nazi Bracelet? What is this?

Daeeveka

May 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_5820.JPG IMG_5819.JPG IMG_5823.JPG

This bracelet was passed down in the family, I can't find any information on this specific item. If anyone knows, or has an idea of what it is please share!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure it's from WWII? Hard to imagine Germany using red, white and blue (U.S. flag colors) with their swastika symbol. Maybe it's Native American. They used the swastika symbol long before Hitler came around and made it the reviled symbol it is now.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Daeeveka

May 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's straight from the items that came back to america from a German soldiers wife. She wanted nothing to do with it so she passed it down to my boyfriend(her grandson) when he was 9. Now he's kept it ever since. The blue is actually black, it's red white and black. Sadly his grandmother is no longer with us. So we cannot ask her. And the rest of his family doesn't really care for the old items.

Upvote 0

Coldshuz

May 18, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
French flag is also Red White and Blue, and is in the pattern on the bracelet.

Upvote 0

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I am sorry but I do'nt see Blue! The colors of the German Flag (Deutsche Flagge) is the same now as it has been seince the mid-1800's which is Black, Red and Gold (Yellow). I see Black instead of Blue on the bracelet and believe that what appears to be White now, was once Gold (Yellow) which has faded due to being in the light. Therefore, I believe it is truly Nazi but for what purpose was it used, I have no idea! Maybe used as bling for special Nazi events!

Frank

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The emblem in between the swastikas appears to be the French flag... which indicates (but is not absolute proof) that the bracelet-like object was manufactured in France during the World War 2 occupation of France by the German Army.
Flag of France - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You did not tell us the object's size-measurements (width and length) which would be helpful for figuring out what it actually is.

A photo of its back, and a closeup photo of the back of the "catch" on the end would also be helpful.

Upvote 0

Grundestoun

Dec 16, 2010
Idaho
Detector(s) used
coinmaster 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this on the web

The German National Tricolor Flag 1932-1935 The German Imperial Tricolor flag was briefly reintroduced between 1933-1935 and used jointly with the Nazi Swastika Flag, then abolished in 1935 to try and prevent it being used by reactionary groups.

This is the website

http://www.loeser.us/flags/wwii.html

Upvote 0

Grundestoun

Dec 16, 2010
Idaho
Detector(s) used
coinmaster 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
German tricolor flag

Attachments

• image-324513725.jpg
    image-324513725.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 179
Upvote 0

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My guess is occupied France item, mfg'd by the Nazis in order to create more cooperation and less resistance from the French folks. Something else that might be a clue to the time period is the orientation of the swastika at the rolling angle your item shows. At first the nazi swastika was displayed square and straight as many ancient cultures around the world had done. Then at some point Hitler had it changed to the angled view. That point would at least give you a starting idea on the correct era it was made.

Upvote 0

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Regarding my previous post, which suggested the French tricolor flag... on my computer's monitor, the color looks like dark blue. But if it is actually black, then I have to agree with the Grudestoun that it is the 1932-35 German tricolor flag.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would tend to think it's an early Nazi "patriotic" bracelet. Is there any kind of makers mark or writing of any kind on it anywhere? To find out for sure get a membership at the Wehrmacht Awards forum and post it there. If it is Third Reich related at all the folks there should be able to tell you all about it,

Upvote 0

yaxthri

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Grundestoun is correct on the tricolor Reichsflagge and the angled swastika is the nazi swastika, native american, hindi and good luck swastikas are not placed on one corner...

Lots of "patriotic" items were fabricated during the nazi regime in Germany as everywher on the world. I cannot associate this bracelet to any official items I have ever seen though, could be a commisioned piece...

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread