Oldest coin I’ve found

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
So I was out detecting on Friday at a park and could not believe what I found. A 1745 shilling. I did a little research and apparently it’s a coin minted from a hoard of silver captured by the Spanish operating over the Pacific Ocean. I don’t know if the coin is worth much but Im just stoked finding a coin almost 300 years old! I tried re-checking to see if their could be more around but no luck. It just boggles my mind when you find nothing but modern coins and garbage for hours and then out pops something like this.

Attachments

• F8E7A1AB-A239-44AA-B217-20C3BC9A704A.jpeg
    F8E7A1AB-A239-44AA-B217-20C3BC9A704A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
  • E09E3FA4-A3C2-4678-B146-2F69E56BCC2F.jpeg
    E09E3FA4-A3C2-4678-B146-2F69E56BCC2F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
Upvote 24

ShortbusElite

Jun 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was out detecting on Friday at a park and could not believe what I found. A 1745 shilling. I did a little research and apparently it’s a coin minted from a hoard of silver captured by the Spanish operating over the Pacific Ocean. I don’t know if the coin is worth much but Im just stoked finding a coin almost 300 years old! I tried re-checking to see if their could be more around but no luck. It just boggles my mind when you find nothing but modern coins and garbage for hours and then out pops something like this.
Killer find!

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. What kind of site did you find it on?

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
Amaizing coin

Congratulation!!

Which detector do you use?

Congratulation again 👍🏽😎

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions