Oldschool nabs seated!!

DanMI

May 26, 2007
We hit the store site again and it wasn't long before Randy calls me over to see his nice seated dime, 1862. I got a cruddy 1859 Indian. On the way home we hit a school and I found a John Deere pin, which I had to pull out of my finger. Ouch. I try not to dig in the hole, but this happened just breaking a plug apart. Anyway, Randy wants to know if anyone has any info on the Round Oak stove pin and button with what looks like rope on it that we found the other day. Thanks. Dan

Attachments

• 2009_0512Image0001.JPG
    2009_0512Image0001.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 217
  • 2009_0512Image0002.JPG
    2009_0512Image0002.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 225
Man...them are some niceties!
The JD pin has got to be a desireable collectible.

Awesome finds, like the John Deere pin. A slice of Americana, must be worth something to a collector.

Wow, sweet finds, guys! Great seated dime and nice relics to boot. :thumbsup:

HH

nice finds...Matt

I found a deere pin like that last year. :)
Nice coin! :thumbsup:
The button is old by the looks, and here is info on the Round Oak advertising piece.

The original Round Oak Stove was developed about 1886 and over the years many models of this stove were sold . The first stove was quite plain with an ash door that lifted off. A hinged ash pit door was added in 1887 and various other improvements and embellishments were made over the years.

P.D. (Philo D.) Beckwith and Round Oak stove were to Dowagiac, Michigan what Henry Ford and the Model T were to Detroit. The Round Oak stove put Dowagiac, Michigan on the map. It was considered the best all-around heating stove in the world.; with a Round Oak you could have as much or as little heat as you desired and burn any kind of fuel--wood, soft coal or hard coal.

Excerpt from "The Round Oak Stove People and other Dowagiac, Michigan personalities." Written and published by Barbara W . and Grafton H. Cook 2001

Nice finds, great to see a seated like that! Congrats,Oldschool.

Good luck,
HH.

Awesome stuff! Love that kind of stuff. I'll take a "cruddy" IH any time.

Really nice and interesting finds Dan. Not that I'm ignoring the other items but here's what I found on that JD pin. It may be worth a few $$s.

http://jacksonsauction.com/aug2000/pages/lots_1-126.htm

Look at lots 108 through 111. You can also click the image for lots 69 through 126 to see a pick of each lot. I know what you mean about trying not to dig in the hole. I find myself doing it every now and then, in the heat of the moment, and then thinking what if there's a broken piece of glass down there. Haven't been cut yet but sure have given myself a few opportunities.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back