What's new

Ole Stone Wall Finds.

Iceman-NYS

Jr. Member
Joined
May 5, 2009
Messages
51
Reaction score
368
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern NYS
Detector(s) used
White's MXT / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been several years since I have posted on here, life has been busy. I hit an ole stone wall on my property, wife asked me before I left to find a mason jar full of ole coins in the wall, I didn't but I did find several harrow spikes and a few sq nails next to the stone wall about 6" down, I knew it was iron, but I dug it anyway ya got to, got me some vintage paper weights
smiley.gif
 

Attachments

  • spikes.webp
    spikes.webp
    90.6 KB · Views: 126
Upvote 26
Been several years since I have posted on here, life has been busy. I hit an ole stone wall on my property, wife asked me before I left to find a mason jar full of ole coins in the wall, I didn't but I did find several harrow spikes and a few sq nails next to the stone wall about 6" down, I knew it was iron, but I dug it anyway ya got to, got me some vintage paper weights
smiley.gif
Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 
Nice! Looks like they could also be useful for treating iron-deficient vampires.....
 
Some may see them and consider them to be junk To me they are evidence that someone had a use from them at some time And perhaps placed them there in case they would find another use for them later in life Cool find I have lots of similar type items just laying around waiting for my mind to come up with a place to use them
 
Well done !

"CTtodd" has a video on hunting old stone walls posted on Youtube .
Some good tips in the video - check it out.
 
Congrats!
Not seeing any wear on them is interesting..

Just in case keep an eye out for other tooling indications.
chisel-wizard-400x300.jpg


 
They seem to be bigger than nails and have no heads. They look like spike tooth harrow teeth to me.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom