Olympia needs to start a club!

bigfokkerdog

Jul 22, 2013
Tumwater, WA
Detector(s) used
Traded up from a Garrett ACE 350 to an ATPro with a Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cabelas sounds like a good spot. I an open any Thursday through Saturday any time

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Funny how things go full circle sometimes.......
Jon and I have detected several times together and Kai showed me where the gold is locally.

Jon, say hi to AimSmMissSm and vice versa maybe wear camo so you two will recognize each other.....oh wait I forgot everyone there will be in camo....it's Cabellas.
My work week starts Sat. so I can't make it this time.
Keep me posted, I just might have to break out the ol' dusty, trusty Whites Spectrum and don't forget to let Don know.

Jon(SW WASH)

Jan 13, 2009
Aberdeen,Washington
Detector(s) used
Eagle Spectrum, AT Pro, Ace 250.
Mike, I meant count me in for a club. I did not see the post about meeting at Cabela's till just now, Don and I were up at Grisdale.

bigfokkerdog

Jul 22, 2013
Tumwater, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got back to town. How did the meet go? I am still in for getting a club going here

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
I met up with golddigger14. We sat a talked about western Wa ghost towns and prospecting. Spent about an hour talking he has a couple Md's that he is going to show me how to use when the weather clears up. It was good putting a face to the avitar.

bigfokkerdog

Jul 22, 2013
Tumwater, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang..sorry I missed it. Just fyi: I'm running an ATPRO. Seems to do pretty giid in the pro modes. Deepest find has been a 52 dime at about 10 inches. Have not taken it looking for gold yet thi

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Dang..sorry I missed it. Just fyi: I'm running an ATPRO. Seems to do pretty giid in the pro modes. Deepest find has been a 52 dime at about 10 inches. Have not taken it looking for gold yet thi
Garret makes great detectors, but here in WA detectors are worthless for finding the placer type gold here. Our thought for a first outing is to just play around with a bunch of detectors at a local park so that people know what to look for in a detector. Detectors run in price from $50-$5,000, as they say "try before you buy". In the mean time do some research for places that have public access, but unknown to most to do some detecting at.

bigfokkerdog

Jul 22, 2013
Tumwater, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am out of action for a bit. Had to send my atpro in to Garrett

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
CLUB?......We don't need no stinkin' club! Let's try to get as many people as possible together for a hunt this fall or winter.

I know of a ghost town in central western Washington a bit south of Seattle that's now a city park, that I've been to twice and got some cool stuff both times including a barber 1/2, 2barber dimes,4 mercs, 3 buffaloes, some company tokens, several medical bottles, a couple Chinese coins, some early wheaties, as well as a sterling silver cigarette case and lot's of "what's it's". Lot's of trails everywhere, easily identified house locations out in the bush and even a bronze map at the entrance to help give an idea of what was where.

Here's a summery of the park rules : Park hours 7 am to dusk Please observe the following rules: Dogs and/or domestic animals must be kept on leash no greater than 8 feet. Handlers are responsible for the removal of animal waste from the park. The following are prohibited: • Vehicles outside of the designated parking lot • Disposal of household or commercial waste • Swimming • Fireworks • Weapons • Alcoholic beverages • Camping Enjoy your visit If you notice broken equipment or anything that requires immediate attention, . We appreciate your cooperation.

A local club has hit it several times but I believe they never got off the beaten path because of the finds I've made by being persistent.

Let's get some of the good stuff that's left there!!!!

In the mean time does anyone have a good area for a probably small group to hit? Don't give too much info until we get some people and a date lined up and then by I'd advise you to P.M. only those that respond to this thread with the location/directions so the lurkers that never post don't beat us to it.
Post or be in the dark my friends...no free passes.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread