OMG! I Hit A Super Rich Gold Patch This Past Sunday!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
This is the hottest gold streak I have hit. This is the cleanup results from this past Sunday. Those drop riffles really "ROCK!" I got over 2 grams of flour gold in 4 hours. Unbelievable! I believe it's a record for me. 😁
sept17.jpg

sept19.jpg

sept19c.jpg

Bottles2Buttons

May 7, 2022
This is the hottest gold streak I have hit. This is the cleanup results from this past Sunday. Those drop riffles really "ROCK!" I got over 2 grams of flour gold in 4 hours. Unbelievable! I believe it's a record for me. 😁
View attachment 2106004

View attachment 2106005

View attachment 2106006
I wish I could pan in my back yard. I've found gold flakes (not fools gold) in my brook, unfortunately in 1776 NYS made it a law if you find "gold" or"silver" on your property, you have to turn it in to the state. One would think if you own the land, it's yours? Nope, not in NYS! I was born & raised in California & love going home to mine with my brothers every year. Congratulations to you!!

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great !! I've not seen that kind of production ever on here !! Congrats!!

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
NIce take!

One picture indicates 4 cleanups. Curious why you apparently chose to do cleanups after every hour of running?
I always do a clean-up every hour or so. The drop riffles just fill up with too much black sands.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I always do a clean-up every hour or so. The drop riffles just fill up with too much black sands.
To me, on a boring (cold winter)* day, I would be tempted to measure a known amount of gold and mix with a couple of buckets of saved black sand rejects from past cleanups and rerun them in a closed system at home. Panning the resulting concentrate could be enlightening as to what effect "too much black sands" in the drop riffles really has.
I enjoy your posts.
Good luck

* By the way.....we don't get many cold winter days down here in Southern Arizona....but you do up there.

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
John why not place 2 or 3 pc's of 3/4 inch plastic conduit across the sluice on the feed end of the sluice and have it loaded with rare earth magnets to help clear the black sands from your sluice. I did this and it helped a lot ! I attached this tube to the sluice with 3/4 in. mini clamps that are open on the ends for quick EZ removal of the tubes for clean up ! This will help your clean ups to be fast and allow the sluice to work better ! :icon_thumleft:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wish I could pan in my back yard. I've found gold flakes (not fools gold) in my brook, unfortunately in 1776 NYS made it a law if you find "gold" or"silver" on your property, you have to turn it in to the state. One would think if you own the land, it's yours? Nope, not in NYS! I was born & raised in California & love going home to mine with my brothers every year. Congratulations to you!!
Well there's a certain finger salute to the powers to be I'd be waving over my left shoulder while I squatted by my stream panning little flakes of yellow.
What's on my property stays on my property-no business of others.
(Then again who would be tramping around on the property watching if you panned something or not)
Your take if questioned ever was from Ca.
Plain and simple.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
John why not place 2 or 3 pc's of 3/4 inch plastic conduit across the sluice on the feed end of the sluice and have it loaded with rare earth magnets to help clear the black sands from your sluice. I did this and it helped a lot ! I attached this tube to the sluice with 3/4 in. mini clamps that are open on the ends for quick EZ removal of the tubes for clean up ! This will help your clean ups to be fast and allow the sluice to work better ! :icon_thumleft:
That is interesting......I have thought of using magnets in my current highbanker. I have previous used them in my mesh-moss- minnie riffle system with some success.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seriously? Hard to believe. That would be tempting to take that to court and have it overturned.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread