Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a young teenager, about 13 or 14, my best friend's grandfather lived with him. He was in his 90s at the time. He showed us a Colt revolver that he kept in the top of his closet wrapped in an oily rag. He said Jesse James gave it to him. All I can remember about it is that it was a Colt single action Army revolver and it was in .30-40 caliber. Whether it was authentic or not I don't know because so many people claim to have one of Jesse's guns. I do know the old man grew up in Hannibal, Mo. , but what else? Monty

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
I don't have much to offer about Jesse James.
My mom was raised in Ralston Oklahoma and one of her aunts use to fix dinner for Jesse and his gang, when they were in the area.
It is said that the aunt and Jesse were sweet on each other and they wrote each other letters.
There are no letters left behind that we know of, but there is a cave near Ralston where Jesse and his gang use to hide out.
Mom took me to see this cave a few years back.

That's all I have. :-\

TW

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
Yah Monty. A Colt or Remington Army(Army's were 44 cal, and a Navy was .36. These were exactly the type of weapons JJ would have had a lot of and would have given away as he obtained better cartridge type pistols.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread