Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, my early Christmas present got delivered Friday evening but due to other plans I wasn’t able to test it until today. I bought the elliptical high frequency coil for the XP Deus. Thought I would give it a whirl at low tide and it performed very well in the mineralized. Unfortunately all the coins I found were modern clad, small bits of copper, screws, and pulltabs. I did manage to find one keeper before the tide came in and in the photo with the silver quarter is a nice keyhole plate probably for a dresser or chest or something. Nice piece.

Searching inland in a grassy area I was able to pluck some pennies and other clad. Then a deep signal, reading more like a dime, when I turned over the plug I saw the edge of a silver coin. It ended up being late silver 1964 Washington The cool thing was it was totally on edge look at the position of the plug and the coin in it. The high-frequency coil’s are supposed to be good for locating small items and coins on edge. Well this is some proof. I was using to 26.6 kHz frequency, I will use it on any other iron infested sites to see if I could sniff out some more coins. I have a lot more testing to do to conclude it being a good purchase.

Sorry no photos of junk and clad today, stayed in my pouch, it was too windy and chilly today to bother with the a photo shoot of junk.

Thanks for looking, happy hunting!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1511738450.491538.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1511738478.699001.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1511738514.127390.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1511738535.878434.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 12

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the silver and that's a cool keyhole plate.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done sir. I’m liking the keyhole.

Keep us posted on the new coil, I am considering one.

OP
OP
Diggin Dude

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done sir. I’m liking the keyhole.

Keep us posted on the new coil, I am considering one.

Will do Tom, The only thing I’m not thrilled about so far is the target ID numbers cannot be set to ID NORM ON. The target VDI numbers seem to vary when changing the frequencies. Still need to do a little more research regarding that.

Since I primarily use the X/Y screen I don’t see the ID numbers very well anyway, but sometimes I like to check, especially if I’m cherry picking.

Phishfarmer

Feb 26, 2016
Petersburg Virginia
Detector(s) used
Deus, Others
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You won't regret the elliptical coil purchase. I bought one too and the only thing I don't like is digging .22 cal bullets 5-6" deep because they sound so good. It really alerts on small targets.

OP
OP
Diggin Dude

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You won't regret the elliptical coil purchase. I bought one too and the only thing I don't like is digging .22 cal bullets 5-6" deep because they sound so good. It really alerts on small targets.

Yes! Got a few of those today and small round buckshot.

Thanks for reply

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice silver! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread