🥇 BANNER Once in a Lifetime Find!

vadigger89

Feb 8, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went out digging on January 1, 2015 and made my best find ever, a Virginia Tongue in perfect condition! What a way to start the new year! I don't know if I will ever top this one, my hands were shaking sitting there holding it. You just never know what is coming out of the ground next, I sure wasn't expecting to ever find a Virginia Tongue but it happened. A memory that will last a lifetime. Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

Attachments

• 20150105_195642[2].jpg
    20150105_195642[2].jpg
    510.5 KB · Views: 1,749
Upvote 85
WOW! Congrats man! That is BEAUTIFUL! Love to find something like THAT!

Congratz on the "Dream" find.
Don't know the context of your find but I hope (Maybe) the Wreath can be found to.
Don't get me wrong the Tongue is good enough.
Davers

Well deserved BANNER! Congrats on saving such a great piece of American history. Now go out there and find the Wreath, good luck!!!!

Superb find!! I'm sure you will be just as excited all over again when you go back and pull the wreath device that goes to it out of the ground. Congratulations! :occasion14:

Steve

Awesome find and it sure didn't take long to make BANNER either! Congratulations! :notworthy:

Awesome Banner find! Mega Congrats! You've got 2015 all set, now it's all gravy!

That's an amazing piece of history. Congrats on makin' banner and I wish you the best in finding the wreath.

Beautiful Virginia tongue! Outstanding!!! Here is one I own that I consider a Virginia state treasure. Ofcourse it is not dug. Devonrex

Attachments

• State treasure Virginia tongue.jpg
    State treasure Virginia tongue.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Great find!!! My friend found a wreath to a Virginia two piece this week but not the tongue.. lol - maybe you found it !

Attachments

• va two piece 2.jpg
    va two piece 2.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 92
  • va two piece 1.JPG
    va two piece 1.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 98
Wow what a great piece of history. :notworthy:

Definitely a BANNER worthy find! :occasion14:

Congratulations!
Dave

Top Member Reactions