What's new

ONE keeper from 11/7 box...

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
1,342
Reaction score
103
Golden Thread
0
I forgot to post about it. Pickings have been nonexistent lately. After 4 boxes of skunk, it was looking like I had number 5.

Suddenly, when I had less than 10 rolls left to search, I spied a silver edge.

Lo and behold it was a 1945 Walker!

I am getting my box this week, but then asking the teller to stop ordering. I want to take a break from weekly boxes.

Maybe get into the occasional road trip now that the price of gas is starting to peak at under 2 dollars a gallon around here.
 
Upvote 0
nice find with the walker. I get my first ordered box of halves tomorow, hoping it will be better than everyone has been finding lately.

Keep plugging away at it,
Jason
 
Every walker is a good walker as long as they are walkin' to you and not runnin' away!

~Dave
 
MalteseFalcon said:
I forgot to post about it. Pickings have been nonexistent lately. After 4 boxes of skunk, it was looking like I had number 5.

Suddenly, when I had less than 10 rolls left to search, I spied a silver edge.

Lo and behold it was a 1945 Walker!

I am getting my box this week, but then asking the teller to stop ordering. I want to take a break from weekly boxes.

Maybe get into the occasional road trip now that the price of gas is starting to peek at under 2 dollars a gallon around here.


You sound like me a couple of months ago regarding canceling the weekly boxes. It does get old finding skunk after skunk. And with silver prices down now, what you find is worth much less. I still pick up a box or two when I get the urge to CRH, but nothing like the good old days.

Just for fun today I called one of my coin shops to see how much they would pay me for 40%s to take in trade towards some gold. They only wanted to offer 1.20 a piece. I checked around online and that price is in line with the biggies like APMEX, etc. So I decided to hold onto the 40s until silver goes back up to 20 an ounce, which we will hopefully see sometime in 2009. I wound up going to a different shop and scored one ounce Gold American Eagle for $770, which seemed like a good deal based on the online prices for them.

Jim
 
One Walker is better than no Walkers!
 
Codes said:
One Walker is better than no Walkers!


I agree that it is great finding silver, especially Walkers. But sometimes you gotta ask yourself, "how much effort do I want to put forth to yield $4.50 (the approximate value of a Walker)?

Over time I figured I was losing money via time spent and fuel spent running around town searching for coins. Its great when you hit a dream box, but in my area they have been non-existent for a long time.


Jim
 
Well, the gas thing was why I have kept on getting boxes. My silver gets delivered right to me, courtesy of Brinks, so the only thing I am out is time.

But if time=money, then yes, I am way behind. 2 90% halves, and a very few 40% halves (less than 10) over the past 10-12 weeks, and I average 4 hours to search a box.

I decided to let my bank branch order one more box this week, but when I pick it up tomorrow, I will ask her not to order for me until further notice.
 
This must be a trend. I had the same thing happen a couple weeks back with a box dated 10/3 - out pops a 43 Walker, that was it for the box. Later that week I'm checking a Brinks box and all I got was a Ben.

Maine_Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom