Carolina Tom
Gold Member
Last year I hunted almost every day after work. This year I have spent more time complaining about the heat, and less time swinging the coil. I am trying to reverse that trend. To that end, I slipped out yesterday after work, and hit a vacant lot in the hood. The place has given up a few silver dimes, but not many, and it is extra trashy.
I was able to scratch up one lonely silver Rosie, a wheatie and a Canadian cent. Plus a ton of trash and some modern coins.
YTD silver coin #37.
Thanks for looking and best of luck on your hunts!
I was able to scratch up one lonely silver Rosie, a wheatie and a Canadian cent. Plus a ton of trash and some modern coins.
YTD silver coin #37.
Thanks for looking and best of luck on your hunts!
Attachments
Upvote
22


Any hunt that gives up silver is a good hunt. I hope to hit your goal this year of 60 silvers. I only found 20 last season, but have 23 so far this year. Hunting more permissions is really paying off. Less quantity, but more quality. I am happy with 7 cent hunt if one coin is an OD nickle and the other 2 are older wheats. Last season I was averaging about $25 a week. This year that has dropped to less than $5 per week, but I am pulling more silver and older coins. Doubt if I beat last years $$$ total of over $510.






