Upvote 13

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:hello: Welcome. If you keep searching you will be amazed what is out there, people lose things! If you don't already have a pin pointer/ pro pointer they help tremendously (we like the good people at Battleground Detectors for anything we want or need). I like to find old obsolete rifle cartridges... to many they are just spent shells (junk) to me they are a piece of history with a story & possible adventure. We find a lot of .32 Remington / .32 special Winchester, must have been a popular deer cartridge. Have fun searching. ps If you look around doorways, driveways, clothes lines, shade trees, mail boxes you might find coins & other relics.

Last edited:

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes the excitement is the tone. Many More!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best treasure was your kids enjoying themselves.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is how it all starts. It's a good hunt.
You found metal and you spent time with your kids. And you're right; it only gets better from here. You'll see.
Just keep diggin'...

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bandido 2 - umax, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep I've had hunts like that and still do. So she loves old rusty bottle caps huh. Wait til you plop a gold ring out of the ground in front of her :laughing7:.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like a box of chocolates.

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Put a welcome mat under those finds and it looks like the picture was snapped on my doorstep.

DirtyMike&Tab

Apr 4, 2017
Fenwick Island, De & Harper's Ferry, Wv
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Mx Sport, & At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's how it all starts. Research the old spots in your area and secure permission. It can just be as easy as knocking on a door and asking politely. Don't give up. You never know what that next signal could bring you. Good luck and most importantly enjoy yourself.

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buddy, sooo much potential around you... Especially cause your town is so small. Trust me, a little research, talk to the town oldies, they love to talk....

Wikipedia
Alva is the home of a small library dating back to 1909 and a chapel that opened in 1901. The Alva Library was the first library in what is today Lee County, Florida and was constructed in classical revival-style.[SUP][5][/SUP]

The Alva Library grew from the private Alva Book Club into the first public library in Southwest Florida, thanks in part to donation of land from Captain Peter Nelson. The founder of the book club and Alva's first librarian was Esther Hovey. The library closed in 1937, but remained in use over the years for various purposes such as high school art classes and a community center. In 1974, the Alva Garden Club turned the building into a museum with the Library Association trustees' permission.[SUP][6][/SUP]
Both the library and the 1901 chapel are currently open to the public and house the town's nonprofit museum, which features Seminole artifacts and objects from the town's founding families. [SUP][7][/SUP]

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must be a park at that community center, find the oldest tree and check around it.... Legally of course haha... Find some old pics of the park, old newspapers, these can be find at the library, museum or historical society, usually ran by old timers dieing to talk about the town and good ole days...

CB

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds and it's great to get the kids involved. I once hid a bunch of clad and a few of the gold looking US dollar coins on my parents beach. I had all my nieces and nephews following me on the beach and they each took turns digging the coins. When I went to the area where I buried the dollar coins, the kids were convinced that pirates must have buried them there. Wonder if they ever figured it out but they had a ball!

OP
OP
S

sweat'n4gold

Tenderfoot
Apr 10, 2017
Alva, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Black Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To the collector of old cartrides. I collected the handguns and rifles that shot those cartridges a time back. Over the years I have thinned my collection. Kept my Colt in 38-40 wcf. Odd cartridge developed for the Winchester rifle but chambered in Colt revolers. It a bottle necked shape like a rifle cartridge (not as big of course). Theory was you could have a rifle and a pistol shoot the same ammunition.

To all the others. Thanks for the encouragement. I have been to the old Alva library. Not detecting but to vist. The school there is an oldie too. Still operating. Been added on to but the original building remains.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread