Yellow Hammer
Full Member
- Joined
- Nov 17, 2008
- Messages
- 146
- Reaction score
- 8
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Anaheim Ca and Quartzsite Az
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab SD2200v2/GP4500
Upvote
0
Jim Hemmingway said:Yellow Hammer, thanks for getting back to me.
I doubt you'd use the 2200v2 if you weren't happy with it's performance. Do you figure the 4500 is that much better a unit practically, or is it more a case of "getting an edge" on depth/sens to slightly smaller stuff or better depth on larger stuff?
I like what you have to say here, and I would like to get your opinion. If there's anything I can send your way in return, just shout.
Jim.
Hey Jim, I can't comment on the 2200 as I have never used one. I did use a GP3500 for the last year. Recently I purchased a GPX 4500 and so far am loving it. I don't think it outperforms the 3500 in depth or sensitivity, the advantage is with all the different timings and audio options you can get the machine to run a very stable threshold thereby being able to hear targets previously masked by ground noise or EMI.
L8tr,
Merton