What's new

One-of-a-kind eluvial placer deposit found in Colorado with a metal detector.

Steve Wagy

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2026
Messages
30
Reaction score
53
Golden Thread
0
Hello everyone. I search for native gold and silver in the Central Colorado volcanic field and one day my metal detector went wild. I didn't find an eluvial placer deposit that contained precious metal. I found a deposit that has never been seen before. Over 160 native (natural) aluminum, brass, copper alloy, iron and zinc nuggets were found - the rarest of the rare. I've cleaned up most of the nuggets. The first image is a native aluminum nugget:
5-1.webp

The second image is a native zinc nugget:
6-1.webp

The third image is a native brass nugget:
134-1.webp

The fourth image is a unique copper alloy nugget:
22-1.webp

The fifth image is what could be a native bronze nugget (it will be analyzed by XRF in the future):
162-1.webp

The sixth image is the ONLY known native iron nugget ever found (NOT Telluric) and is embedded in volcanic glass (still magnetic!!!):
1-4.webp

31 nuggets have been analyzed by XRF and the largest aluminum nugget has been Certified by XRF. 20 more will be analyzed in May. I made the find with a DR.ÖTEK metal detector and have continued to find metal with a Minelab Equinox 900 metal detector. You can read all about the find at https://www.raremineralsforsale.com/.
31-1.webp

The 818 gram native aluminum nugget. An unofficial world record. Massive for any native metal nugget.
 
Last edited:
I have prospected all over Colorado and have been near the location you are describing in the music pass region. I have revied the photos you have presented I am almost 99% that is what came from a assay lab that was on a old mine site the only thing missing is the cupel's, I have found the exact same mineral deposits and glass you are presenting here. Unfortunately I have no photos.
 
Upvote 0
Well, what I do know is that this person had enough faith/confidence in what they're offering for sale
that they paid to be a supporting vendor on the site here.

Understandably, they were met with great skepticism and debate from the folks here
on the authenticity of the "nuggets" offered for sale. Rather than get all worked up about
it, I suggested a 3rd party lab be used to settle any questions. If they are as advertised,
then fine, but if not, the vendor will then know their product is not genuine, nor is
it valuable.

In short, it's no skin off my nose either way, and I'm patient enough to wait
for the lab results.
Respectfully we do not need to wait. We can see clear signs of man made glass. Threads, the 90 degree sections where bottle sides and bottoms meet, decolorants in the clear glass, colors that are exceedingly rare or non-existant in volcanic glass, and so on. These all point to a fire melting man made glass, which would have also melted any aluminum or other soft metals.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
But there's no natural aluminum nuggets on this planet earth period.
Nor is there any brass or bronze.
Copper yes.

You know a great deal about these things...this I understand, and I'd be the
last guy to disagree with you. I was just trying to get the guy a fair shake and
an opportunity to prove his claims.

No worries...
moose.gif
 
Upvote 0
Post deleted....I highly advise it end now!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom