What's new

One of many

Oregon Viking

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2014
Messages
19,717
Reaction score
86,349
Golden Thread
0
Location
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting critters.
You say.. Hello little guy and they die! No movement.... mouth partially open... Few minutes later, Miracle! They are up and moving again! 'till you say.. Hey little guy... Then dead again.
I snapped a pic before the little guy.. played dead...again.

possum 010.webp
 
About time you started posting again. Thieving egg suckers they are!

GOD Bless

Chris
 
I see you folks in Oregon celebrate possum day
 
Cute lil feller.
 
Boy, you're going to get Chadeaux all worked up. :cussing:


And, um, Chris, these are your words:
Forget not who created nature and the laws of nature.
:evil5:



I think it's cute. :love4:
 
About time you started posting again. Thieving egg suckers they are!

GOD Bless

Chris

Well...true, but we gave our chickens away as we will be moving.
One of the cats (they have made appearances in my daily snapshot) Does not know what to think. He is a year old, much to learn. He gets close.... they play dead!

Possum-Facts.webp
 
Well...true, but we gave our chickens away as we will be moving.
One of the cats (they have made appearances in my daily snapshot) Does not know what to think. He is a year old, much to learn. He gets close.... they play dead!

View attachment 1586923

Pretty soon he'll get used to you and give you a big grin.:laughing7:

baby20possum11.webp
 
I have counted 3 so far. I wish they wouldn't play dead right where I'm trying to walk. Being 6' 5" and 278 they probably think I'm the giant from that bean-stock story. Well if their ma reads to them!

laughing11.gif
 
Last edited:
Boy, you're going to get Chadeaux all worked up. :cussing:


And, um, Chris, these are your words: :evil5:


I think it's cute. :love4:

Nah, I just know where to ship the next two dozen adults with their broods of 6 or more each hanging on their backs that hit my live traps.

After all, even possums need someone to love 'em, "but it ain't me!". I pulled security duty last evening with a new friend who said he likes possum, smothered in gravy and potatoes. He said it's a rich tasting meat but I just can't get past the image of that cow carcass in the neighbor's field with the possums eating their way out.

Thank goodness for the new families of owls that have shown up here. Thinned the tree rats (squirrels) to manageable numbers in just a few weeks. I can look out my front door now without half a dozen squirrels barking at me.

Of course, being a kid at heart ... I love making owl sounds. If I step out and one starts barking, I hoot and they'll disappear. One was already on the ground when I hooted, and he hit the deck and crawled on his belly like a soldier crawling under barbed wire until he reached the nearest tree --- then he was gone.

I guess they'll go after the possums after they run out of squirrels. I can hope!
 
Pretty soon he'll get used to you and give you a big grin.:laughing7:

View attachment 1586930

... and he won't mind taking a "sample" out of your leg or hand if his little brain thinks you mean him harm.

Oh, and OV, the possums around here don't "play possum", they either run away from you or run at you.
 
We need way more of these guys, they are tick killing machines
 
... and he won't mind taking a "sample" out of your leg or hand if his little brain thinks you mean him harm.

Oh, and OV, the possums around here don't "play possum", they either run away from you or run at you.

The adults run off, this is the first time I've seen the little ones.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom