What's new

One of my best finds ever today

Jimmy(PA)

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2008
Messages
479
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
My grand-pop passed away last year, we where both big into history so he would have enjoyed this find too, im sure he didn't even know he had it. In a pile of old books at his house that he told me years ago his uncle got when he use to clean out basements in the 40's. I opened it up, the front page had some stuff written in pen, it was a gift to my gg-grandfather Robert dated 1882 for attending Presbyterian bible school. It's called "From the Mouth of a Lion" I found some info on it, the book was written by a Victorian Era children's book writer which makes sense since my gg-grandpop would have been a little kid at the time. Since I haven't been detecting in awhile this made me really happy to find. They have a lot of other books from the 1800's and early 1900's too but I don't know much about books.
 
Jimmy(PA) said:
They have a lot of other books from the 1800's and early 1900's too but I don't know much about books.

Most books are the same to a certain degree, the best ones will still have a dust jacket that is in good shape. When you open the book, you go to page one and start reading until you see "The End". Now you know a lot more about books :icon_thumleft:

Or, you can go online to Amazon, or Google and put in the book information and you may be able to get a resale value that way.
 
spartacus53 said:
Jimmy(PA) said:
They have a lot of other books from the 1800's and early 1900's too but I don't know much about books.

Most books are the same to a certain degree, the best ones will still have a dust jacket that is in good shape. When you open the book, you go to page one and start reading until you see "The End". Now you know a lot more about books :icon_thumleft:

Or, you can go online to Amazon, or Google and put in the book information and you may be able to get a resale value that way.

haha thanks, I am more of a movie guy myself, as far as the value I would never sell them anyway but it would be nice to know if they are rare.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom