What's new

One Pound in a year

Bejamble

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2013
Messages
361
Reaction score
282
Golden Thread
0
Location
Guam
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Excal II, Fisher 1280X, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been reading about the guys trying to find a pound of gold in a year and that would take a heck of alot of hunting and hunting in prominent spots. Thats 496 grams of gold. No way will I hit that in gold but have found that much in silver. This years totals so far are as follows:

Silver - 456.24 grams (84 pieces)
Gold - 184.32 grams (44 pieces)
Platinum - 72.73 grams (21 pieces, all rings)

for a total of 713.3 Grams for 1.43 pounds.

Just curious to how much others are finding. (keep in mind the weather allows for year round hunting here).
 
Upvote 0
That's impressive, Bejamble!

I don't keep a record of the weights of my finds, and having said that, I think I'll take a trip to Guam :>)

Congrats on excellent detecting:wav:

Lorraine
 
You have more than what you think...You have almost .5 pounds of GOLD!

Noble metals being measured in Troy ounces, you should also use a Troy pound, staying in one system.
Therefore your 713.3 grams when multiplied by 0.0026792 you have 1.91107336 Troy pounds of noble metals so far this year. (you could also divide the grams by 373.245745 the number of grams in a Troy pound.)

NOTE there are only 12 Troy ounces in a Troy pound!
 
Those are some impressive amounts! Congrats!
 
I track everything on diglogs.com. Everything is posted there, feel free to take a peak. Here is some from the first few months.
f9e7db962363ea9d79124b75e9375fe3.jpg



Cory
 
What kind of machine do you use? Good job.
 
Keep up the good work!
 
Whatever the weight tallies out to be, thats one massive collection of finds. Should be enviable to any dedicated beach hunter out there.

WTG !!!

Rockyredbaron

HH to all
 
That is a lot! Very impressive. Is it all jewelry?
 
What kind of machine do you use? Good job.

I started with the CTX and had a flooding issue in it, sent it in and has been great up until this past week when the coil started acting up. I purchased a Excal about a month ago as a backup machine and luckily I did :) I use the 11" on the CTX and also purchased the 17". 90% of the finds have been with the CTX and 11". Although I have had issues with the CTX in the past, i would not hesitate a second on buying another or recommending it. It has been an amazing machine and love everything about it as its paid for itself a few times over.
 
Here is an updated photo minus about 70% of the gold/plat as it was sold to pay for the CTX, Excal and vacation :)

DSC01034 copy.webp
 
How do I hide this thread from my wife? She will wonder what is wrong with me. hahaha

Very impressive year, my friend. I love seeing pictures like that. You must tell us some of the stories.
 
Good job Cory. Thought you were moving? I am headed to Alaska in January. Time for some prospecting with the MD!

Bill
 
We are going to be around for another year or 2 for sure, then will see what happens.
 
23 Plt.... - 70%, not counting gold.... good lord, how much did you have to pay for the CTX? Sweet bunch of finds. We have to reverse the trend to by SS and Ti around here.

Dew
 
Thanks. I got my CTX from Bart at bigboyshobbies.net. $2500 new. love the CTX.
 
We all wish we could have a year like that. Congratulations.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom